How many 2000+ f-bodys have tourqe converters in - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many 2000+ f-bodys have tourqe converters in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many 2000+ f-bodys have tourqe converters in

I am just makeing sure i wont throw any codes or anyhting and put my tranny into limp mode. Thanks yall
    <b><a href=\"http://www.sick-sixx.com\" target=\"_blank\">SICK-SIXX MEMBER</a></b><br />NA 14.345 with a 1.863 60 foot<br />Nitrous 13.03@99.5 with a 1.63 60 foot<br /><br />2000 Camaro 3.8L A4: USE TO HAVE Comp Cam 210/220 .535/.547 113lsa 111 I/C, Port and Polished Heads, NX Wet Kit 100 Shot, CPRA made by CP, RK Sport Headers

somebody please help i am gonna install soon and need to know
    <b><a href=\"http://www.sick-sixx.com\" target=\"_blank\">SICK-SIXX MEMBER</a></b><br />NA 14.345 with a 1.863 60 foot<br />Nitrous 13.03@99.5 with a 1.63 60 foot<br /><br />2000 Camaro 3.8L A4: USE TO HAVE Comp Cam 210/220 .535/.547 113lsa 111 I/C, Port and Polished Heads, NX Wet Kit 100 Shot, CPRA made by CP, RK Sport Headers

Comment

We all have torque converter..however most of us have the stock ones :D

yep..im bein a smart ***

Jeff W :D

Comment

that brings up a ?. kinda basic, but what is the stock converted run at? 2000RPMs?

Comment

1800 i think i mean an after market one your dork Jeff

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 99Camaro99:
            that brings up a ?. kinda basic, but what is the stock converted run at? 2000RPMs?<hr></blockquote>

between 1600-1800....some are looser than others

Comment

2000+ are looser then previous years. The newer cars seem to be faster. Unless the ones I've seen are factory freaks.

Comment

will everything be ok if i install a 3000 stall converter though it wont trip codes or anything

Comment

It shouldn't throw any codes, I'll let you know if the ST3500 does. Put in Transgo with it if you don't already, it won't be as loose with that. I dunno if our PCM's have Torque Management, so I couldn't tell you if that will be an issue. I know that the 00-01 LS1's have issues with that.

Scott

Comment

No Torque Managment.

Comment

I'm gonna eventually get a 2100-2600 stall torque converter. just gotta wait till i can afford a tranny cooler too. i don't want too much stall cuz i still want some semblance of gas mileage in town.
                      2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

No point in wasting money if you're going with that low of a stall. You won't see much gains. Might as well keep the stock one.

Comment

You shouldn't lose too much in town milage. Even when going down the road at like 30, I think mine is engaging. But still, it depends of how heavy your right foot is.
                          1995 Firebird 3.8 A4, 140,000 miles and going strong<br />Basically Stock, college=poor <p>Junior Mechanical Engineering Student: Milwaukee School of Engineering; Cpl, MN Army National Guard...just got promoted :)

Comment

stock stall is 1975.
                            my 2800 has not affected my gas mileage at all that i can tell. took me a little under a 1/4 of a tank to get to work before it was installed and now it takes me a little under 1/4 of a tank to get to work with my 2800.
                            i know you race so if you get anything over 2800 you will need some darn good tires or you will spin like you wont believe. i was FORCED to buy drag radials with my 2800 stall.
                            i want to see scott do donuts with his 3500. after that i am sure i will see his rear end go to heaven also. if he never takes his car to the track i bet his rear end will be ok.
                            6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

10 bolt will hold up to 1.5 60's. I doubt a v6 can accomplish that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X