No announcement yet.

N Dropping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to do it in my 85 camaro, and the 2nd transmission was crpping out before my motor died.

Power braking, I jsut want to emphasize, I hopr you guys ease into it, jsut slamming the break, sloam gas is rough on the entire drivetrain, puts alot of stress on all the parts. I did it all the time, but then agian I am on my 3rd clutch, 2nd tranny mount, knocked the stock driveshaft out of balance, blew out my stock rear end, have not had functiaonal reverse gear for over a year, and forward gears are starting to crap out especially second. Not really much left in my drivetrain to break. keep brake on and ease into it, if oyu have a 5-speed, rev really high and e4ase the clutch in instead of jsut dropping it then hit hte brakes.

Comment

I accidently N dropped this weekend. Was at a light revving at one of my friends I didn't mean to put it into D but I did chirped the tires. Kinda cool Never do it thought. Way to really Buck up the tranny. Power Brake Only [img]smile.gif[/img]
      <a href=\"http://www.saintsworth.com/z06\" target=\"_blank\">\'02 Corvette Z06</a>

Comment

yea and the best way to powerbrake is to hold the brakes and gradually apply the gas. Once you hit about 1/2 throttle you should feel the rear start to spin up. You might need more throttle but I usually don't. [img]smile.gif[/img] The emphasis is to GRADUALLY apply the gas and brake as needed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X