N Dropping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N Dropping

What are the lasting effects of neutral dropping and powerbraking, i use powerbraking more cause it seems like it would cause less damage to my car. But i still dont know about the N dropping.
    \"DRive it like you sTole it\"<br />RIP<br />Black 97 Camaro RS A4 (Y87)<br />3.42 LSD, Flowmaster exhaust(3in),<br />Slp Cold air intake Stage3 weight reduction (removed spare and jack)<br />\"Now a question of ettiquite, do I give you the *** <br />or the crotch?\" <br />~Tyler~ (FC)<br />!!!!NEW Ride Silver!!!! 03 WRX \"stock\"

ummmm dont Neutral drop. EveR

its the worst thing you could ever do to your poor tranny. Power Braking is safe as long as you dont hold it for extended periods of time, like 20 seconds or more.
    <a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/e/defrag/sig.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">1997 Firebird V6-Y87/W68</a>

Comment

My car won't even let me do a neutral drop... it won't shift it into gear until the RPM's drop. That's horrible for your car anyways. As for power braking, it does very little, just wears the brakes a tiny bit.
      Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

Dont go out and intentionaly break your car! these things cost alot of money to fix!
        I dont think my car can power brake and I see no reason why you should blow up your transmition.
        chris
        ~chris~ 98 Cayenne red Camaro 3800 A4, 3:08, T tops Borla cat-back, wisper lid K&N, Bilstine shocks, Dunlops all around. <br />AOL IM: chevyboyz24

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Chrisz24:
          Dont go out and intentionaly break your car! these things cost alot of money to fix!
          I dont think my car can power brake and I see no reason why you should blow up your transmition.
          chris
          <hr></blockquote>

QUIT BEING A PU$$Y
          Dude im tired of hear you diss that car..get an exhaust ($200) gears (180 or so) and LSD (90) get that installed..hold the brakes and floor that b*tch..it wont hurt your car..damn you B*tch about it being slow but do nothin about it

rant off

[ April 20, 2002: Message edited by: NBMA4V6 ]</p>

Comment

neutral dropping hurts the transmission. Powerbreaking to me is fine in moderation. It's fun to do, esp. with LSD. Just keep in mind your brakes will wear down quicker.

Comment

Let's just put it this way. I let my friend borrow my car one night alone. And didn't realize that he neutral dropped it at every car he saw. A few days later the transmission wasn't acting so good and I found out. I was almost looking at up to a grand for a rebuild. Don't you hate it when people drive your car like ****? Power breaking is fine if you don't mind wearing down your tires and brakes. You know a couple times down at the track won't hurt if you clean them off but when you put on a little show for everyone all the time your tires are gonna be gone man.

Ted

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ted:
                Let's just put it this way. I let my friend borrow my car one night alone. And didn't realize that he neutral dropped it at every car he saw. A few days later the transmission wasn't acting so good and I found out. I was almost looking at up to a grand for a rebuild. Don't you hate it when people drive your car like ****? Power breaking is fine if you don't mind wearing down your tires and brakes. You know a couple times down at the track won't hurt if you clean them off but when you put on a little show for everyone all the time your tires are gonna be gone man.

Ted
                <hr></blockquote>

Thats why I never let ANYONE drive my car. People don't care about your stuff. The only time I will let anyone drive it is if I am too drunk and I need to be driven home [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

The only person I would ever let drive my car is my girlfriend, cause I would want to be able to drive her car, but she scared that if she even scraped the air dam I would cry so, she doesn't drive it.

Comment

Blatant displays of speed on public streets are for people with small weenies. You are being made fun of by many people for doing this. Save it for the track.

Jiffy, just checking out your location. Is HB Huntington or Hermosa. I grew up in Huntington(Go Chargers).
                    \'94 Camaro 3.4<br />\"No, Starvin Marvin. That\'s my pot pie.\"

Comment

Shadly, Im a graduating charger this june, what year are you?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jiffy:
                        Shadly, Im a graduating charger this june, what year are you?<hr></blockquote>'92
                        \'94 Camaro 3.4<br />\"No, Starvin Marvin. That\'s my pot pie.\"

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NBMA4V6:

QUIT BEING A PU$$Y
                          Dude im tired of hear you diss that car..get an exhaust ($200) gears (180 or so) and LSD (90) get that installed..hold the brakes and floor that b*tch..it wont hurt your car..damn you B*tch about it being slow but do nothin about it

rant off

[ April 20, 2002: Message edited by: NBMA4V6 ]
                          [/QUO
                          I really messed up my first car from power braking and althought I never did a N to D drop I messed up the transmition, I am just trying to tell this guy that he is going to have to expect to spend some cash if he is going to start N droping.
                          ~chris~ 98 Cayenne red Camaro 3800 A4, 3:08, T tops Borla cat-back, wisper lid K&N, Bilstine shocks, Dunlops all around. <br />AOL IM: chevyboyz24

Comment

what is neutral dropping??? [img]smile.gif[/img]
                            2003 Mustang Mach 1 5 Speed<br />288 rwhp SAE 315 rwtq SAE<br />BFG DR\'s, SLP Loudmouth Catback, K&N CAI<br />60\': 2.145<br />13.41@105.67MPH (Stock)<br />--- Best et ----<br />60: 1.932<br />1/4:12.851@106.39MPH <br />best mph: 107.65

Comment

neutral dropping is putting the car in neutral...rev up the RPMs and drop it back into drive while it's way up there.

Accidentally did that for the 1st time this weekend. I thought I was in D but I really was in (D) so I upshifted into N and then jammed it back into (D) at 4,000RPMs. I did chirp the tires and have the car buck ahead hard at 50MPH. I thought it was cool as hell but will never do it again.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X