No announcement yet.

Recalibration for new gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I checked with Speed Auto and they said they dont normally buy V6 cars so its rare when they have parts for them. But u can call them and give them your name and Phone # and they put u on some sort of waiting list....

I did the 3.08 to 3.42 change
    -Matt<br />Manager/Tech Support<br />Precision Speed & High Performance<br /><br />visit us on the web at:<br /><a href=\"http://www.precisionspeedonline.net\" target=\"_blank\">www.precisionspeedonline.net</a>

Comment

Many of us have 3.42 programming so you can probably just copy that code if you know someone who can flash it. I don't have my PCM on file and no way of getting it on file. There is a guy in Michigan that can do PCM programming for whatever. But it's $400. So I wouldn't do just gears. It sucks noone can program for us yet. :(

Comment

ya, but i'm guessing it really isn't a big deal...cause there are apparently A LOT of people out there with different gears than stock that never got there car recalibrated. i just hope i'm not going to mess up the tranny or engine because my rpm's will be running 10% higher than what they are suppose to be doing...or is it 10% lower than what they are suppose to be doing? cause the shifts aren't going to be normal 3.42 shifts...but i guess if none of you have had probs yet, like throwing your tranny, then i probably should not worry about it.

dom, in the drivetrain FAQ, you state:
        "Your rpms will increase like so. Current/Future 3.08/3.42 so you'll have 10% higher RPM, top speed limiter will decrease by 10%, and your actual speed will be 10% lower then what the speedometer shows(if you don't get any programming or buy a 3.42 PCM).
        "

so does this mean that your rpms are going to be 10% more than what you read (like 6600 instead of 6000 (what it reads)) or does it mean that it will be 10% less than what you read (5400 instead of 6000 (what it reads))

[ July 14, 2002: Message edited by: Only4U ]</p>
        2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

When I changed from 3.23's to 3.42's I used the SLP spedo recalibrator. It took around an hour to install, and at the flip of a couple switches the spedo was corrected. I think it is the easiest and cheapest way to go. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
          Teal 94 Camaro 3.4 Liter<br />Transgo stage 3 shiftkit, Shift module, corvette servo, SLP cold air induction,3.42 ring and pinion, Heavy Duty Posi LSD, Flowmaster exhaust, NX, blackouts

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Only4U:
            ya, but i'm guessing it really isn't a big deal...cause there are apparently A LOT of people out there with different gears than stock that never got there car recalibrated. i just hope i'm not going to mess up the tranny or engine because my rpm's will be running 10% higher than what they are suppose to be doing...or is it 10% lower than what they are suppose to be doing? cause the shifts aren't going to be normal 3.42 shifts...but i guess if none of you have had probs yet, like throwing your tranny, then i probably should not worry about it.

dom, in the drivetrain FAQ, you state:
            "Your rpms will increase like so. Current/Future 3.08/3.42 so you'll have 10% higher RPM, top speed limiter will decrease by 10%, and your actual speed will be 10% lower then what the speedometer shows(if you don't get any programming or buy a 3.42 PCM).
            "

so does this mean that your rpms are going to be 10% more than what you read (like 6600 instead of 6000 (what it reads)) or does it mean that it will be 10% less than what you read (5400 instead of 6000 (what it reads))

[ July 14, 2002: Message edited by: Only4U ]
            <hr></blockquote>

If the speedo is off, not the tach.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> If the speedo is off, not the tach.<hr></blockquote>

dom i'm sorry, but i really have no idea what you were trying to say...might want to repeat that again for the slower ones...

Comment

do you mean that the tach will only be off if the speedo is off, or vice versa?

Comment

Tach is fine. Gears only mess up the speedo.

Comment

ah, but 12secv6 said that the shift is sooner...meaning that the car actually shifts sooner, but you will be able to see when it is shifting on the tach and the tach would be correct? for example...if you floor it outa first, your tach would prolly show ~5300 instead of shifting at about 6k, like it would stock when it shifts into second? wouldn't that be better than the stock computerizing, since our cars hit their maximum hp at 5200 rpms and torque at 4k rpms? cause once we go into 2nd, we hit about 4k in the big torque band. am i right?

[ July 15, 2002: Message edited by: Only4U ]</p>

Comment

so the tach would be correct, but the shifts would not be correct--they would be sooner than they are supposed to be...?

Comment

will the slp speed processor work on 1998-2002 birds and maros??? because it only says 1993-1997 has anyone talked to slp or anyone here used it??? i wanna run 3.73's but dont want my speedo and tach to be incorrect?!?!?!

[edit] never mind i went on slp and found it but has anyone used it and if so how was the install and all that i'm curious about it because of what i said up there...
                        [/edit]

merlin

[ July 15, 2002: Message edited by: redbird00 ]</p>
                        2002 Firebird<br />2003 Yamaha YZF 600R

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X