3 carrier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 carrier?

I have a 97 firebird. No Y87 package. Does that mean i have a 3 carrier?
    sucks to loose.<br />10.100 1/8 <p>MODS~~~~~So far only slp cai and 180*stat<p>On the way = Exuast,Gears,LSD,converter, n20 <br />aim: Badonkydonk

No, with non-y87 cars, you will have 3.08 gears with a 2 series open diff. Upgrade to a 3 series LSD if you want bigger gears.

Sucks eh? I have just bought my 3,42's and 3 series diff. Install in the spring [img]smile.gif[/img]
    1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Getting Faster:
      I have a 97 firebird. No Y87 package. Does that mean i have a 3 carrier? <hr></blockquote>

EDITED
      I saw your other post sorry above info is correct since you have 3.08s its a 2 series carrier!

[ December 09, 2002: Message edited by: Nachius ]</p>

Comment

ok well im about to get 3.42's so all would need is a lsd?
        sucks to loose.<br />10.100 1/8 <p>MODS~~~~~So far only slp cai and 180*stat<p>On the way = Exuast,Gears,LSD,converter, n20 <br />aim: Badonkydonk

Comment

You;ll need a reluctor ring for your ABS as well. And you have to consider reprogramming your PCM so your speedo and shift points won't be off.

I recommend the take-off Zexel-Torsen LSD from SLP and they sell the reluctor for $20 as well. $99 for the LSD.

There are a few options for reprogramming...do a search, you;ll get all the details [img]smile.gif[/img]
          1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Comment

I didn't see anything about which tranny you have. If you have a M5 then you have 3.23 gears and a 3 series carrier. A4 on the other hand, will have a 3.08 as mentioned above.
            -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

good point, d'oh! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a4. I got the 3.42's with install kit. And i was going to get them install'd until i get a LSD, so install would be cheaper.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  2 days ago
                • ssms5411
                  Little work today
                  by ssms5411
                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                  2 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X