3 carrier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 carrier?

I have a 97 firebird. No Y87 package. Does that mean i have a 3 carrier?
    sucks to loose.<br />10.100 1/8 <p>MODS~~~~~So far only slp cai and 180*stat<p>On the way = Exuast,Gears,LSD,converter, n20 <br />aim: Badonkydonk

No, with non-y87 cars, you will have 3.08 gears with a 2 series open diff. Upgrade to a 3 series LSD if you want bigger gears.

Sucks eh? I have just bought my 3,42's and 3 series diff. Install in the spring [img]smile.gif[/img]
    1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Getting Faster:
      I have a 97 firebird. No Y87 package. Does that mean i have a 3 carrier? <hr></blockquote>

EDITED
      I saw your other post sorry above info is correct since you have 3.08s its a 2 series carrier!

[ December 09, 2002: Message edited by: Nachius ]</p>

Comment

ok well im about to get 3.42's so all would need is a lsd?
        sucks to loose.<br />10.100 1/8 <p>MODS~~~~~So far only slp cai and 180*stat<p>On the way = Exuast,Gears,LSD,converter, n20 <br />aim: Badonkydonk

Comment

You;ll need a reluctor ring for your ABS as well. And you have to consider reprogramming your PCM so your speedo and shift points won't be off.

I recommend the take-off Zexel-Torsen LSD from SLP and they sell the reluctor for $20 as well. $99 for the LSD.

There are a few options for reprogramming...do a search, you;ll get all the details [img]smile.gif[/img]
          1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Comment

I didn't see anything about which tranny you have. If you have a M5 then you have 3.23 gears and a 3 series carrier. A4 on the other hand, will have a 3.08 as mentioned above.
            -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

good point, d'oh! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a4. I got the 3.42's with install kit. And i was going to get them install'd until i get a LSD, so install would be cheaper.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X