No announcement yet.

why not 4.10's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60 miles to work is a long way. Picture this, as your driving, just tack on another 400 RPM's to your speedo, that is about what you'd be doing with 3.73's..

So say you cruse 70 at a nice 2400 RPM's, now you'll be doing it about 2800..

I wouldn't do 3.73's if I had a 60 mile highway drive.

If your speed is usually below 50mph or so, then I'd do 3.73's.

You will burn more gas though thats for sure with 3.73's over 3.42's.
    Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

thanks magnus,

your advice is truly appreciated and your info will never be obliverated.
      6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

i have this question i kno that my boys 93 rx7 has 4.10 or 4.11 in the rear and he hauls *** he has like 600+ hp too so if we had maybe a higher output engine then could we see a faster time and pull hard from a 8. like if there was a completely moded v6 with n20 and or a s/c would it be worth it.
        96 RS <br />Zex n20, 3.23, CAI, Custom Exaust,Hurst Shifter,& 1 piece driveshaft.<p>96 Y87<br />b&m shiftimprover, 3.23, piee driveshaft, slp cai, and zex n20.<br />Representing the left side of the map 925 415 510 and all the area codes.<a href=\"http://eastbayracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://eastbayracing.com</a>

Comment

keith your speed is usually above 50mph. atleast i hope so or that would be one heck of a slow trap :D just messing with you, can you please answer my email i would appreciate it :D

Comment

Blue, I had a few e-mail probs in the past few days. try e-mailing again.
            Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

Hey nino---

i just got my 3.73's on my car bout 2 weeks now..i have a 3.4 and i live in new york and work in west patterson NJ. Bro to tell you the truth, it really isnt that bad on the car..my gas really hasnt taken a hit at all. i would say my drive is 28miles there and another 28 back so im with you on highway miles. i do this everyday m-f

Its all up to you though...i went from 323's to 373's..you will be going 342's to 373's...not much of a difference in perfromance for the money!!! :rolleyes:
              94 3.4L A4 white t-tops<br />moroso cai<br />3\"hi-flow pacestter exhaust<br />b&m shift kit<br />catco cat<br />01 T/A rear w/ 3.73\'s and posi<br />1 pc aluminum ds<br />blacked out signals

Comment

[img]graemlins/toto.gif[/img] 4.10's=fun [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

I want them soo bad. I am just worried how it will effect the warranty.
                Arctic White \'02 Camaro<br />3.8, 5spd.

Comment

get big, forged rims. if you don't like the vette rims, get some forgline's or something. 18's-20's for the rear tires. as wide as you can get. I did some math, and if you have lsd w/ 275 width tires, and were ptuing out 650 ft. lbs.(max for standard lsd), as well as all the suspension mods such as adj. phr, adj. lca's, torque arm, poly bushings, rear swaybar, ect. you would keep traction off the line w/o wheelspin being a problem. make sure they're z-compund tires, though. less tire + more diameter + more width= great handling, great 0-60, great 1/4. also, the bigger rims look hella tight. just my opinion.
                  2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

Big rims--&gt;small sidewall--&gt;no traction.

Comment

Dom, listen to patrick.. he knows what he's talking about. *sigh*

Big wheels are good for autoX (handling) because there is much less sidewall to flex HOWEVER they are VERY bad for drag racing because you NEED the sidewall flex on the launch.

Do NOT get big wheels if you want to drag race.

Comment

seriously though guys 3.23 to 4.10 top speed is 85? I was thinking about this change myself and if it isnt worth it i'd like to know but it sounds like fun to me.
                        Thanks in advance for any input
                        Slammed, Cammed, Stalled, Rollin on ZR1\'s and the sickest exhaust you have ever seen on a camaro Z06 style whoo whoo.<br />I\'m the reaper dude, ask ur people dude. I move

Comment

hey, we're not putting out more than 1000 hp, so why do you want drag slicks that just suck in corners? If you really wanted to make sure that you would get traction as well as corner well, just get the ZO6 tires, 295-40-ZR18. our stock sidewall on 235-55's is 129.25 mm. or 5.08 inches, the ZO6 tires are 118 mm. or 4.64 inches. Who here is putting out 405 hp at the flywheel? maybe 12secv6, batman, stefan, ect. So why do we need anything more than the vettes do? you guys figure out whatever you wanna do, I'm just saying what i'll do if I keep my car.
                          2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> hey, we're not putting out more than 1000 hp, so why do you want drag slicks that just suck in corners? If you really wanted to make sure that you would get traction as well as corner well, just get the ZO6 tires, 295-40-ZR18. our stock sidewall on 235-55's is 129.25 mm. or 5.08 inches, the ZO6 tires are 118 mm. or 4.64 inches. Who here is putting out 405 hp at the flywheel? maybe 12secv6, batman, stefan, ect. So why do we need anything more than the vettes do? you guys figure out whatever you wanna do, I'm just saying what i'll do if I keep my car.
                            <hr></blockquote> -he must have wet dreams about those wheels

get those wheels,put them on your car and give us a puicture :D
                            Wolf<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/249111/7\" target=\"_blank\">95 black t-top camaro</a>,3.4 5 speed,ud pullies,plugs/wires,de-shaft tb & gutted airbox, homemaid short throw shifter

Comment

not till later, when I really need them for traction. I'm just gonna get 255-50-YR-16 kumho's for the time being. those w/ lsd will be fine for me as far as traction goes. My whole thing is there is no need to go overboard w/ drag slicks when just bigger street tires will do fine.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X