No announcement yet.

3.23 vs 3.42

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3.42's, all the way. great middle of the road gearing, good acceleration, yet good gas mileage. I may go up to 3.73's later if I get taller rear tires. As in taller, I mean 18x11 rims w/ 315-35-18's on them. By later, I mean a few years.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

Well here is the story. I was gonna pick up the car friday. They just had the car picked up from the other dealer and had it all done up and everything ready to go. Well before i went with it i checked to see if for sure it had the 3.23s. I looked on the door and it said GU4 :( So i told the dealer i do not want this thing because of the gears it has. So now he is on another search to find me a black camaro with the Y87 :D I will let you guys know next week how things turn out.
      2004 Dodge Dakota 3.7 litres of raw power!!<br />Nothing but a 6!<br />Do you know for sure? John 3:18

Comment

Good luck finding a Y87 -- you might need it.

My dealer had to search around quite a bit to find a Y87. There was only one in AZ and another in El Paso TX.

Dealer stock is all GU6 with traction control but no G80 on the cars with lots of options and GU4 on the lightly optioned cars. (M5's all GU5.)

They didn't seem to understand that the Y87 was desireable.
        2002 Camaro Coupe<br />Navy Blue, A4, Y87<br />Whisper Lid, Raised Air Box<br />SLP Bow-Tie Grill, HPP3

Comment

All 3.4s have 3.23s the 3.8s are different..... Is that really true i have a 95 3.4 5 speed, so i should go for the 3.42's it will be a nice lilttle jump, but if my top speed is 115mph what will it be after the 3.42's

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jlo:
            All 3.4s have 3.23s the 3.8s are different..... Is that really true i have a 95 3.4 5 speed, so i should go for the 3.42's it will be a nice lilttle jump, but if my top speed is 115mph what will it be after the 3.42's<hr></blockquote>

Without any calibration, it should be around 108mph.
            <b>1998 Firebird 3800 Series II, A4</b><br />Direct-Flo Lid,K&N Filter,DEE TB Spacer,TPS-TEC,ZZP Mini-AFC,Raised and Cutout Airbox 7mm,BMR STB & Boxed LCAs,KYB AGX Shocks,Drilled/Slotted Rotors,180* Thermo,2.5\" Catco Cat,Dynomax 2.75\" custom catback,Kumho Ecstas/245,Jet Stage 2,3.42,Edge Racing 2870 Stall,B&M Tranny Cooler,B&M Deep Tranny Pan,LSD,AAM Girdle,1LE DS,NX Wet Kit,MSD DIS-4,MSD Blaster Coil Packs,Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm Wires,NGK TR6\'S gapped .045,ZZP UD WP Pulley,SLP Fan Switch,TT II\'s<br />N/A: 15.6342 @ 88.44 (On stock converter. Strugglin\' to beat it.)<br />Nitrous 50 Shot: 14.7463 @ 93.49

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AMinor65:

Without any calibration, it should be around 108mph.
              <hr></blockquote>

What he said, speed limiter kicks in earlier.

I know form experience, knockd a consitent tenth or two of my times. But that was with LSD also.

You ahould ask if he can install them for you on your car. Y87 is cool an all, but 95% of peopel change the exhaust, and even if oyu want a quiet muffler, get a used z28 muffler and have a shop put it on for ya, hell I got a whole catback system off a guy for free, jsut had to pick it up.

Maybe he can add the gears and LSD for you, should only be a couple hundred, maybe cheaper then having him get a Y87 form somewhere else thats not like the car you are looking at.

[ July 08, 2002: Message edited by: MustangEater8251 ]</p>

Comment

Well i got my new car already with the Y87. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] But i am going to put the dynomax muffler on awyways. I belive also that the Y87 comes with a Z28 muffler already on it and it does not sound all that good.
                2004 Dodge Dakota 3.7 litres of raw power!!<br />Nothing but a 6!<br />Do you know for sure? John 3:18

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X