3.23 vs 3.42

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.23 vs 3.42

I am getting my new camaro soon and i wanted to know will i feel a difference between the two rears. I test drove a v6 with the 3.42s and it elt great but the one i am getting has 3.23s. Should i be propared for a big let down going with these gears? I would go with the car with the 3.42s but i could not afford it. :(
    2004 Dodge Dakota 3.7 litres of raw power!!<br />Nothing but a 6!<br />Do you know for sure? John 3:18

i wish i had 3.23s, am stuck with 3.08s :(

u getting lsd as well i assume?

Comment

A4 with 3.23s?
      did not know they existed.

Either way its not a huge difference, but a slight difference. i went form 3.23s to 3.42s. Not that big of a deal I doubt you will be crying about it.

Comment

12secv6 has a4, and he has 3.23s

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by seal:
          12secv6 has a4, and he has 3.23s<hr></blockquote>

He put those in. I didn't know 3.23s came standard on a 3.8, but maybe things changed.

Comment

oh, i see what u guys mean

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dom:

He put those in. I didn't know 3.23s came standard on a 3.8, but maybe things changed.
              <hr></blockquote>

no 3.23s are not available in the A4 if I was you I would check on that 3.23 because I don't think so unless the dealer did it.
              2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

Dumb Q, is it used?

Comment

A4 firehawks with the preformance axle option come with 3.23s

Comment

Ummmm, I have a 95 3.4 A4 and it has 3.23's stock...
                    1999 Black Trans Am A4<br /> <br />-Flowmaster with Flowtech Cutout <br />-SLP Lid <br />-SLP MAF <br />-Ported Heads, hardened pushrods<br />-Diable Sport Programming<br />-18\' ZO6 Polished rims

Comment

The car is an 02 and it has it right on the sticker 3.23 axle ratio. I think it is because the car has the tracton control.
                      2004 Dodge Dakota 3.7 litres of raw power!!<br />Nothing but a 6!<br />Do you know for sure? John 3:18

Comment

Umm i to have 3.23's in a 94 3.4 A4
                        My new ride 2000 camaro, No mods yet still waiting for warranty to run out then all out heads, cam, and supercharger

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by predator5100:
                          Umm i to have 3.23's in a 94 3.4 A4<hr></blockquote>

All 3.4s have 3.23s the 3.8s are different

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hawgs:
                          A4 firehawks with the preformance axle option come with 3.23s<hr></blockquote>

Yes a A4 V8 now come with these gears. The older ones came with 2.73 also

[ June 30, 2002: Message edited by: Blue Flame V6 ]</p>
                          2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by toast:
                            I am getting my new camaro soon and i wanted to know will i feel a difference between the two rears. I test drove a v6 with the 3.42s and it elt great but the one i am getting has 3.23s. Should i be propared for a big let down going with these gears? I would go with the car with the 3.42s but i could not afford it. :( <hr></blockquote>

Hey dude open the drivers door and there should be a bunch of 3 letter codes on the door. write down all of the codes that start with a G and post them on here and will tell ya.

Comment

My personal opinion on 3.42's versus the 3.23's I has stock....I LOVE THEM! Of course I added the limited slip also, but I now can launch at a higher RPM with traction, and I cut over a tenth off my average 60' time.
                              <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X