No announcement yet.

Anybody with 3.42 gears!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No ones talking about powerbraking it. You can do that in anything with wheels. They're talking about just slamming the gas and getting wheelspin. 3.08's can't do it. I have a 97 3.8 A4 with 3.08's and the only way my tires spin from a standstill without using the brake is if it's beenr raining.
    97 Red Firebird W68 3.8L, T-Tops, Ground effects, Dynomax Super Tubo, Stock T/A tips, BMR strut tower brace, SLP Cold air intake

Comment

what ppl mean here is, u have a4, and u rev the car upto 1700-1800, and when lights are go and u floor it when u release the brake... its hard to do it like tht, i can never peel out like that, however if i pull out of my drive way when going backwards, and when am done i put it in drive REAL quick, when the car isnt fully stopped, and i floor it, i get the best peel out [img]smile.gif[/img] but u never go backwords in a race [img]smile.gif[/img] . anyway, so i cant peel out when i stall it at 1700, and let it rip at the lights.

oh also, why would u wanna peel out? u just loose traction, and ur tires spin not getting u anywhere [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ June 27, 2002: Message edited by: seal ]</p>

Comment

You guys sure that the holding down the break till it lets out is ok for the car? I mean I don't wanna mess up anything. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
        My 1996 Camaro RS <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311</a> \"Its out-dated\"<br />Mods=SLP CAI, 3.42/LSD, 180*, BMR StrutBrace,SLP Take-Off Shocks/Springs, Z28Swaybar, DynomaxSuperTurbo,3in pipes,Catco3in,3in Cutout ThrottleBody Spacer, SolidDriveShaft,NGKplugs, Taylor8mmWires,ZR1 rims, RS Spoiler,WhiteFacedGuages.<br />Stereo= Pioneer DEH-P8400MP, Custom Subthump enclosure, 2 BlouPunkt 12\'s, JL 500/1, Fosgate speakers, 1FaradCap.<p>NEW 1997 FireBird Formula WS6

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>I WAS ABLE TO SQUEAL TIRES IN A PONTIAC SUNFIRE (115HP, NO TORQUE) IN DRY WEATHER. You guys just aren't doing it right<hr></blockquote>

How did you do that, I had a sunfire and swear that thing only had like 110hp at most, but felt like 80hp, and that thing could not do jack Sh!znit.
          2001 Camaro A4<br />K&N air filter<br />Bone stock other than that<br /><br />(+[_]+) PSP

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jester_3.8L:

How did you do that, I had a sunfire and swear that thing only had like 110hp at most, but felt like 80hp, and that thing could not do jack Sh!znit.
            <hr></blockquote>
            maybe he was driving a differnt model... i dunno.. becuase i test drove a sunfire b4 my camaro and i hit the gas (floored it) and peeled out too... that's what made me not get the sunfire... he he... FRONT WHEEL DRIVE&gt;.. i don't like the idea of peeling out from the FRONT tires..
            <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

any one with 3.42 gears on a 3.4 camaro i want to know if the gears are gas guzzlers, and if the gears rev up to fast that it really dont make a difference, and what speed does the car top out. if any one can answer these queastions please answer thanxs, and also how much to install

Comment

I can pretty much always get the tires to fry with my 3.08's. Even more when its cold.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jester_3.8L:

<hr></blockquote>

well mine is a 2001 (Standard...not GT) that makes 115hp 135tq. That thing can't pull for crap. 0-60 in the 12s. But I got a little chirp out of it by my method described up in the earlier post. My dad made a $10 bet that I couldn't do it so when money is on the line, I like to win. It wasn't a burnout nor was it a long squeal. It was like a 1/2sec errrrrrrrrr sound and that was it, but it still squealed. :D

oh on a side note it was an automatic and I was able to get it up to 106 (before hitting traffic) It literally took a minute to climb from 70 - 106 tho.

[ July 02, 2002: Message edited by: 99Camaro99 ]</p>

Comment

I can rip them any time I want.I've got an A4. Makes me happy. :D
                    WWW<br />Certified Collision Repair and Refinishing Technition<br />1997 3.8l Y87 Camaro \"Layla\"<br />2000 Mustang GT

Comment

well my sunfire was a 99... horrible. I got mine up to 112 and came to trafic... it took me like near a minute and half from 70 though. The lamest part of the car was when i was driving it up a bridge my max speed...no joke was 83 and then it slowed down.

Anyways now that I noticed that I have 3.42 I chearp mine a lot getting out from where I live... Its a pain of intersection to come out on.
                      2001 Camaro A4<br />K&N air filter<br />Bone stock other than that<br /><br />(+[_]+) PSP

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X