Anybody with 3.42 gears!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody with 3.42 gears!

I was just wondering if you can peel out, or get any squeel with 3.42 gears. I have the 3.08 I can't get jack crap! [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]
    My 1996 Camaro RS <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311</a> \"Its out-dated\"<br />Mods=SLP CAI, 3.42/LSD, 180*, BMR StrutBrace,SLP Take-Off Shocks/Springs, Z28Swaybar, DynomaxSuperTurbo,3in pipes,Catco3in,3in Cutout ThrottleBody Spacer, SolidDriveShaft,NGKplugs, Taylor8mmWires,ZR1 rims, RS Spoiler,WhiteFacedGuages.<br />Stereo= Pioneer DEH-P8400MP, Custom Subthump enclosure, 2 BlouPunkt 12\'s, JL 500/1, Fosgate speakers, 1FaradCap.<p>NEW 1997 FireBird Formula WS6

When I had them yes I could.
    I can still peel out with 323's
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

its funny, sometimes i can, sometimes i cant... (i 3.08s) but its just funny it depends on the car's mood [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by seal:
        its funny, sometimes i can, sometimes i cant... (i 3.08s) but its just funny it depends on the car's mood [img]tongue.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

yeah same here
        <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

slam gas + slam Brakes = wheel spin.

ot will help you with wheel spin, but if thats all you want do not put in LSD.

I have 3.42s, and can peel out all day. I could do it too when i had 3.23s.

Comment

before I had my kumho's, yes, i could squeal the tire off the line. I could also do a really good one legger too. now, I like keeping traction, and since the tires costed me so much, I don't do burnouts like I did before. now I get a little bit of wheelhop even w/ the open diff.
            2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

The joy of a manual. I can do burnouts all day long.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
                slam gas + slam Brakes = wheel spin.

ot will help you with wheel spin, but if thats all you want do not put in LSD.

I have 3.42s, and can peel out all day. I could do it too when i had 3.23s.
                <hr></blockquote>

but we have a4, you have m5 [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

easy job for an auto...just press in the brake a little and then slowly give it the gas and keep adjusting the two slightly and the back end will give out. Oh btw, I never have to come close to flooring it to do a burnout. Oh and to peel...just slam the gas from a standstill :D Don't be afraid to hit it hard.

Comment

Trust me a burnout is possible on any 3.8 and just about any 3.4

I WAS ABLE TO SQUEAL TIRES IN A PONTIAC SUNFIRE (115HP, NO TORQUE) IN DRY WEATHER. You guys just aren't doing it right. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

I have 3.08 gears...I have tried, I didnt even chirp. I think I NEEED 3.42. I could peel out on my parrents 2001 Impala with the same motor though [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
                      My 1996 Camaro RS <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311</a> \"Its out-dated\"<br />Mods=SLP CAI, 3.42/LSD, 180*, BMR StrutBrace,SLP Take-Off Shocks/Springs, Z28Swaybar, DynomaxSuperTurbo,3in pipes,Catco3in,3in Cutout ThrottleBody Spacer, SolidDriveShaft,NGKplugs, Taylor8mmWires,ZR1 rims, RS Spoiler,WhiteFacedGuages.<br />Stereo= Pioneer DEH-P8400MP, Custom Subthump enclosure, 2 BlouPunkt 12\'s, JL 500/1, Fosgate speakers, 1FaradCap.<p>NEW 1997 FireBird Formula WS6

Comment

Stock w/ 308 gears and maybe just an intake I could not do a burn out.
                        Trust me, I know what I was doing
                        Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                        nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                        2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                        2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 99Camaro99:
                          easy job for an auto...just press in the brake a little and then slowly give it the gas and keep adjusting the two slightly and the back end will give out. Oh btw, I never have to come close to flooring it to do a burnout. Oh and to peel...just slam the gas from a standstill :D Don't be afraid to hit it hard.<hr></blockquote>

oh, i've hit it hardddd, it wont do it from a stand still, but i learned the trick to do it, i just dunno how to explain, it does work tho [img]smile.gif[/img] you just cant do it long in an a4 as you would on an m5

Comment

Hey there, I have a stock 3.8 A4, with the limited slip differential and 3.42 gears, and I have no problem peeling out all day long. All I do is hit the gas from a stop, not using any brake and all, and my tires will squeel as much as I let them, using the break, I have had some fun, but I don't have to use it. So yes, go with the 3.42.

-DrkMind11 [img]smile.gif[/img]
                            <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/drkmind11\" target=\"_blank\">2000 Red Firebird Coupe, A4.</a></b> ((3.42 Gears, LSD Stock))<br />Details: 3\" Edelbrock Exhaust, 3\" Catco Cat,160* Thermostat, 8% Tint, TA Chrome Wheels, Viper 550.

Comment

how are you auto guys having problems.

my 1985 2.8L camaro, I think it had 3.23s, open rear end with a TH700R Tranny I could power brake it ot hell. Thats 135 HP, 160 lbs. of torque, in an auto.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X