horrible vibration @ 120mph+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• horrible vibration @ 120mph+

Ok I was goin a long today around 120-130 and my rear started vibrating and making horrible noises after 120. Any clue?
    2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Well first of all the question everyone including me is going to ask...How the hell did you go over 120-130?? I've never made it past my governor at 118, the only person I know of is James.
    Josh<br />96 Red Firebird <br />SLP intake, zex nitrous 75 shot(for sale), purge kit, MAC lca + phr, Jamex springs, flowmaster 80 series, ES tranny bushing, SCR subframe conectors, Harlan shiftlight, A/F guage, MSD dis-4, Accel wires w/ NGK tr6\'s, foglights, stereo, zexel torsion LSD, Walboro 255 pump, and more.<br />Looking for: 1le ds, nx wet kit + accesories

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Josh:
      Well first of all the question everyone including me is going to ask...How the hell did you go over 120-130?? I've never made it past my governor at 118, the only person I know of is James.<hr></blockquote>

He he I unhooked the VSS(vehicle speed Sensor)
      2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

ahh, I thought about doing that but theres no point if I don't know how fast I'm going.
        Josh<br />96 Red Firebird <br />SLP intake, zex nitrous 75 shot(for sale), purge kit, MAC lca + phr, Jamex springs, flowmaster 80 series, ES tranny bushing, SCR subframe conectors, Harlan shiftlight, A/F guage, MSD dis-4, Accel wires w/ NGK tr6\'s, foglights, stereo, zexel torsion LSD, Walboro 255 pump, and more.<br />Looking for: 1le ds, nx wet kit + accesories

Comment

Just curious, if you unplugged the speed sensor, how do you know you were doing 120?

Comment

i dunno if its what he was doing or not but i can usualy tell pretty close to how fast im going by my rpms, around 3300-3500ish in 5th is in the 115 range for me
            R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Backfire:
              Just curious, if you unplugged the speed sensor, how do you know you were doing 120?<hr></blockquote>

By Rpm's I passed 4,000 RPMs and I know my gov is @ 3,700 rpm

Comment

Could be a lot of things. First get your tires balanced, and check all you suspension peices and make sure they are hooked up. If that doesn't work, get the driveshaft balanced(don't know how or where).
                1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
                1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

your tires, if they arent z rated arent rated to go above 120 why the he** would you go that fast on the street :rolleyes: how old are you?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by bluecmaro96:
                    your tires, if they arent z rated arent rated to go above 120 why the he** would you go that fast on the street :rolleyes: how old are you?<hr></blockquote>

Hey its called an expirement! I wasn't in town I was out in the country. O and I am 18 for you information so [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Blue Flame V6:
                      Ok I was goin a long today around 120-130 and my rear started vibrating and making horrible noises after 120. Any clue?<hr></blockquote>

Ok,you should reed the technical data base about the 99+ birds and camaros 1 pice steel driveshafts
                      vibrating at or over 120 mph and the recomend changing it to the 2 pice like the older models. :cool:
                      Or getting a alluminum one.

[ April 10, 2002: Message edited by: 9t9fb ]</p>
                      ~S87 Black 99 Firebird~

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 9t9fb:

Ok,you should reed the technical data base about the 99+ birds and camaros 1 pice steel driveshafts
                        vibrating at or over 120 mph and the recomend changing it to the 2 pice like the older models. :cool:
                        Or getting a alluminum one.

[ April 10, 2002: Message edited by: 9t9fb ]
                        <hr></blockquote>

Uhhh Dude the 2 piece vibrate more than the one piece. Also it isn't the driveshaft.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X