Which converter gives best et results yank or vigillante? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which converter gives best et results yank or vigillante?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure I have a low n/a mph but here is why:
    I have the heads, upper and lower intake manifold ported to all hell.
    The shop removed 3 coffee cups worth of metal shavings.
    This has seriously killed velocity n/a
    They are hogged out so the bird will run much faster on nitrous.
    Now, my mph on nitrous is quite good, there is only one other person (running a manual tranny) that traps higher mph's than me currently.
    I am sacraficing n/a times to improve nitrous times.
    Take a look at all the timeslips and notice I'm the only one with wimpy gears, doesn't that make you wonder why?
    I could really care less about n/a, everyone knows I'm a nitorused guy.
    323's are not the gear I would choose for n/a at all.
    My manhood?
    Um no.
    I'm just curious, what kind of car, year, tranny, mods, dyno results, and times do you have?
    Sometimes when a new person comes to a site and talk to someone who has been around for a while they can come across quite wrong
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>After reading slackers mph i will stay away from edge converter, yeah its great to have a sweet 60ft ut when you lose over 10mph at the end i just would rather not do that. will pi and yank give about the same reults? thats all i wanna know <hr></blockquote>

ya, i'm with james, shut up :D you don't know what you are talking about at all. why? i'll tell you why: low mph results from a high str/low efficiency rating on the verter. the higher the str is on your verter, the faster you will launch (slacker's awesome 60 ft time) but the slower you will end up (hence, his 14.7@88 mph). also, the higher the str is, usually up top the efficiency is also lower so there is quite a bit more slippage in the tranny, resulting in a worse top end. i have no doubt that PI and yank make better, more well-known converters--but i think you do also have to realize that just because one person's time or mph is bad, does not mean that the company that makes their mods is bad. you are really good at jumping to conclusions quickly. stop. lol
      2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

James i apolagize to you i didnt mean to come off as insulting you or anything like that, Only4u i know all about stall torque ratio and what not. I have been reseraching converters for quite sometime, I did forget that james was running thise 3.23 gears, that did escape my attention, again james i apolagize to you, i wasnt putting your or your car down in the least bit, only4u james didnt tell me to shut up so im sure he would appreciate you not putting words in his mouth, when you said your with him and told me to shut up. I never said i know more than this person or that person but i do know my fair share, well im just going to stay away from this post what i said was just blown way out of proportion and was taken the wrong way, james i apolagize.
        Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

From reading some old posts Magnus is saying that Yank is much better and will probably run one. So we might see some kind of comparison.

Comment

Well SLOWBRAEATER How did u run your times and how did u pull your 1.8 60 and when i was saying i have the 2nd best 60 foot i was refering to the timeslip page. Besides untill u spoke nobody know or cared what u ran cause if its not on the timeslip page then we dont know about it mine isnt up there cause i just ran it and it hasnt been updated. I am also building my car for nitrous not NA could care less what I run NA But thanks for your cares and i will keep them in thought :rolleyes:
            <b><a href=\"http://www.sick-sixx.com\" target=\"_blank\">SICK-SIXX MEMBER</a></b><br />NA 14.345 with a 1.863 60 foot<br />Nitrous 13.03@99.5 with a 1.63 60 foot<br /><br />2000 Camaro 3.8L A4: USE TO HAVE Comp Cam 210/220 .535/.547 113lsa 111 I/C, Port and Polished Heads, NX Wet Kit 100 Shot, CPRA made by CP, RK Sport Headers

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>From reading some old posts Magnus is saying that Yank is much better and will probably run one. <hr></blockquote>

ok, NO offense to magnus--but you have to not take people's opinion on every matter, ESPECIALLY when it comes to a $700 mod. there are a LOT of different companies out there that are very good, yank is a good company, but i would not say they are the best.

keep an open mind when doing a mod--you never know, you might find something better if you actually look.
              2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

Yes you are correct, I was just saying. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow theres alot of people who are way over sensitive about some subjects sheesh.
                  Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

Yank is know for their efficacy (higher mph cause you get more hp to the ground at higher rpms)

thats all basicly yes yank is expensive if you want a high mph tho thats what i would get

Thats what yank is known for im not saying othere converters cant be *** effenct but yank has been known for it for some time now

ohh and yea magnus has his 94 mph or whatever because he has heads and cam (and he didnt hit that 94 mph right off the bat it took him a couple times) 12sec dosnt have a cam in his car and we all know cams add probly 20 hp to our cars (not a pussy cam though)

we will see how edge converters do here in the future slacker does have a killer 60' n/a for only a 3000 stall his mph sucks just a tad but his et probly lowered by close to .5 so edge is just as good as vigilante and now maybe better (they are bigger now then when slacker got his so im sure they probly build a better converter at least more effencent)

vigilantes are known for hitting hard and givig a good 60 and an ok mph

yank is know (in the LS1 comunity cause only one or 2 v6's have yank) are good 60' and great mph

look at the fastest heads cam LS1 right here in houston [img]smile.gif[/img] he has a yank 4400 stall and runs 10's with just heads and cam on stock internals

Comment

To clear things up.

I went 94mph with stock heads cam.. but cold air and weight reduction was the reason for that.

96mph was after heads/cam.

My car is very light so that helps a lot.

I still do think is the ideal solution.. The converters are just made of gold.. great 60's and very effecient on the big end.

If your cutting 1.8 60's and still running slow, chances are your loosing a lot on the big end. FWIW I cut a 1.98 60' and still ran a 13.9 NA.

I would really like to switch to a yank but I just cant bring myself to do it at the moment. I do have a converter that is working very well for me.. A yank verter might not even help me.. It could hurt..

Converters really are a risky thing. It's like playing a game of chance.

If you get one that works well for you, the sun was shining for you that day. [img]smile.gif[/img]

- Keith
                      Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

im fastest zach...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X