Which converter gives best et results yank or vigillante? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which converter gives best et results yank or vigillante?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which converter gives best et results yank or vigillante?

And is the vigillante the same as precision industries? I seen james ran 14.8 n/a 12.8 nitrous before the tc then 14.5 n/a 12.6 nitrous with it, so it looks like yank blows if it is 700.00 and only takes .3 n/a off and .2 nitrous off, what is the best converter for a high shot of juice? Yank has the 3600 nitrous converter that is supposed to stall around 3200 n/a what converter does vigillante or precision industries have that is a nitrous converter that will stall 3200-3300 n/a and 3600-3700 on the bottle? Thanks for all the help and information.
    Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Will someone please help me out on this i greatly appreciate it thanks
    Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

Vigilante is the brand name... Precision Industries is the company that makes Vigilante.

Vigilante converters can be configured to stall at different rpm's. Give them a call and talk to one of their techs. I'm sure they can give you a comparable converter to the Yank 3600.

As for which is better. I don't know. They both seem to be good names, coming with good recommendations.

You'd have to ask the guys that have them.

I dont' think one company's converter will give you better results than the other, it's going to come down to how the converter is configured.

Good luck.
      1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Comment

Before you assume something why not ask first?

I never did back to back testing with the converter.
        I did switch engines and changed suspension.
        My mph stayed exactly the same which indicated I gained no horsepower. Iused the same drag radials, I went from 2.3 60 foots to 1.9 60 foots.
        Hmmmm, .4 in the 60 foot reduction isn't half bad!!!
        And in the 1/4, I went from consistent 15.3's to 14.5, again, not bad huh?

Sure there was a different engine but mph stayed exactly the same.

My converter was custom made!
        Did I lose mph like everyone else? Um nope!!
        Did I go quicker, hell yeah!
        Mine is not an n/a converter, it is specifically made for nitrous.
        Mine is custom made for my car!
        I supplied current rwhp, rwtq, gears, tire height, current 60 ft's, current et's current mph's, current driving style.
        I have the fastest mph for an auto v6.
        I think mine is fine.
        Yank works for me, but you might know better.
        Hmmm, I remember someone like fast zach, you remind me of him.
        Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
        nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
        2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
        2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

you also must keep in mind that 3 tenths reduction in the quarter mile for $700 is about right. racing is expensive.

weather conditions also change. james didn't run all of those runs on the same day to see the difference in times with or without a tc. for all we know, if he had not had the tc, he might have run a 14.8 instead of a 15.3.

like james said, never assume anything. precision industries and yank are two of the most well known tc companies--i think by now someone would have spoken and said they were a rip-off if they really where.
          2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

I wasnt trying to affend you, your acting like i made a comment about your manhood or something, wait you say you went from 15.5 to 14.5 i thought you were running 14.8 before this converter n/a? I was told yank gives better results in the 60ft and pi gives better in the 1/4 et i would rather have better numbers at the end of the 1/4 than in the first 60ft, i only came here asking for help about which converter to choose.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 12secondv6:
              Hmmm, I remember someone like fast zach, you remind me of him.<hr></blockquote>

Who is fast Zach?

Comment

No disrespect intended but there are several people with faster mph n/a than you james, i recall seeing a few with 94-96 mph traps n/a

Comment

Yeah dont assume that yank and that is the best cause i decided to spend 275 on a 3000 stall converter from www.Edgeracingconverters.com and i now have the 2nd best 60 foot NA now.
                  <b><a href=\"http://www.sick-sixx.com\" target=\"_blank\">SICK-SIXX MEMBER</a></b><br />NA 14.345 with a 1.863 60 foot<br />Nitrous 13.03@99.5 with a 1.63 60 foot<br /><br />2000 Camaro 3.8L A4: USE TO HAVE Comp Cam 210/220 .535/.547 113lsa 111 I/C, Port and Polished Heads, NX Wet Kit 100 Shot, CPRA made by CP, RK Sport Headers

Comment

i'm with him, i bought an edge racing converter as well--it is going in this weekend and then i will tell about my results. but i've heard only good things about them.

Comment

Now dont expect to get great results right away it took me months to see the results. I am going to send my converter away so that they can rebuild it to there street edge series with a 3600 stall and larger plates and full carbon fiber internals so that there is less friction and heat.
                      <b><a href=\"http://www.sick-sixx.com\" target=\"_blank\">SICK-SIXX MEMBER</a></b><br />NA 14.345 with a 1.863 60 foot<br />Nitrous 13.03@99.5 with a 1.63 60 foot<br /><br />2000 Camaro 3.8L A4: USE TO HAVE Comp Cam 210/220 .535/.547 113lsa 111 I/C, Port and Polished Heads, NX Wet Kit 100 Shot, CPRA made by CP, RK Sport Headers

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>I am going to send my converter away so that they can rebuild it to there street edge series with a 3600 stall and larger plates and full carbon fiber internals so that there is less friction and heat. <hr></blockquote>

that's my converter :D

it will be here on thursday--i figured i'd get the best for my car if i was going to pay the money AND drop the tranny.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> it took me months to see the results <hr></blockquote>

exactly how did this happen? did the torque converter decide to wait a few months before it worked? was it asleep?????

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>to there street edge series <hr></blockquote>

btw, i don't know if you are going to want to go with that series because it has no trans brake. i think with nitrous, trans brake is something you will probably want. also, the pro edge isn't going to be good to go with because it is for 1000+ hp applications. the mild street edge can be coordinated to higher stalls and trans brake--mine is the mild street series and it also has the carbon fiber internals and a 3600 stall. just to let you know, but i don't think you want to mess with the other types, tell andre that you want the mild street edge with a higher stall and carbon fiber clutch--that should do it :D

if you have any questions, feel free to also email me or just post on here...

[ September 30, 2002: Message edited by: Only4U ]</p>

Comment

I talked to andre for about a hour the other day. He recommend me get the street edge cause it is more solid for nitrous and trans break will never be installed on a 4L60e if i want a trans brake i will install the TH350 tranny i have in the garage. The street edge has stronger plates and the mild street edge he told me get really hot after 3000 rpms i have a mild street edge and i get free restall with the street edge series. I have talked for ever with him. I was one of the first to use his converter. He didnt even know it would work untill i bought one and tried it i assure u the street edge is a much stronger converter if u are for a track car.

Comment

how can you say you have the second best 60ft n/a?? I ran a 1.84 60ft and a 14.47 1/4 last racing season

Comment

After reading slackers mph i will stay away from edge converter, yeah its great to have a sweet 60ft ut when you lose over 10mph at the end i just would rather not do that. will pi and yank give about the same reults? thats all i wanna know

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X