My Converter is better than your converter - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Converter is better than your converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by camaro_zach:
    i was um...joking...keith and i both love the ladies. LOVE the ladies...do you understand? LOVE THE LADIES. not the BROTHAS.<hr></blockquote>

Hey man just because I'm black you don't have to put me down. Does this site have anything against the black man?

It's all lolipops and candy canes, I get it. Did you and Keith used to be "together?"

Comment

this is where i stop. you are obviously being an idiot and this is getting out of hand. someone lock this thread or delete it.

Comment

I can't hate you cause you're beautiful. You know my weakness. ;)

Sorry for pointing out but you and keith look so fabulouth! [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Scott Black:
          Look what Jeff wrote above. He got the same one as me. PI 3500 Stall, 2.5 STR<hr></blockquote>

Doh! You're completely Right. I didn't even read that. It was just one of those days were I was only at my desk for a few minutes at a time.. Had to do a lot of speed posting. *shrug*

Your converters sound a lot like mine. THey should perform very well! I'm still not even sure the exact specs on mine though. The stall changes every time I modify my setup, which is OFTEN! The STR, who knows. It's not even a vigilante. I got the cheapo saturday night special verter. But it seems to do the job.

I HIGHLY recomend you guys get a set of nittos.. on 15" wheels would be ideal.. Lower the tire PSI to about 20 and you should hook well. For NA, flash the stall from about 1300 RPM's and see how that does for you. A common misconception from newbies is to brake torque the stall as high as possible.. This may cut you better 60's than stock but your not really utilizing the converter correctly. When you brake torque it up there.. you start to transfer the power to the tranny and there is no *shock*.. when you flash from low rpm's, there is a delay in the power transfer which allows the RPM's to climb even higher before the *shock* hits... and you'll launch even harder. Good luck!

supersixjohn, take that garbage to the lounge. We do not need crap like that in the tech sections. Thanks.

- Keith
          Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

I'm sorry Keith. I'll email you later. ;)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>I HIGHLY recomend you guys get a set of nittos.. on 15" wheels would be ideal.. Lower the tire PSI to about 20 and you should hook well. For NA, flash the stall from about 1300 RPM's and see how that does for you. A common misconception from newbies is to brake torque the stall as high as possible.. This may cut you better 60's than stock but your not really utilizing the converter correctly. When you brake torque it up there.. you start to transfer the power to the tranny and there is no *shock*.. when you flash from low rpm's, there is a delay in the power transfer which allows the RPM's to climb even higher before the *shock* hits... and you'll launch even harder. Good luck!

<hr></blockquote>

keith--

are you saying that launching from a 1300 stall is going to work best? if you have traction, what's wrong with launching at higher rpms? i guess what you're trying to say is maybe that if you launch at 3k rpms or so, you hit your torque peak at an awkward time and therefore, can't displace the torque as well???

i'm getting 16" wheels and looking for some nitto's 245/50/16--will these work out for me well? what psi do you suggest?

[ September 28, 2002: Message edited by: Only4U ]</p>
              2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by supersixjohn:

Are you black and do you like mediaval movies? If so, can you recommend some? I'm also black and I'm looking to rent some. Can you tell me where you got yours from? [img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks man!
                <hr></blockquote>

i'm not black but i do like midevil movies, i got this name off of an anime this guy has a sword that is as tall as him that is black and kills at least 100 men by himself in midevil times [img]smile.gif[/img]
                1999 Firebird Black<br />A4 3.08 gears<br />Mods: Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, Raised Air Box, K&N Air Filter, Direct Hits Ignition, Flowmaster American Thunder 3\", 160 Degree Hypertech Thermostat, SLP Fan Switch, 3\" High Flow Cat<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=273903\" target=\"_blank\">My car on Cardomain</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SLOWBRAEATER:
                  Your 60ft isnt just from the converter, mostly nitrous and et streets [img]tongue.gif[/img] so will the vigillante give better et results than the yank? How many tenths did you reduce james with your converter? how many n/a and how many with the juice? Did you add anything else besides the converter to get those results? I want to know how many tenths you reduced with just the converter and nothing else, n/a and with nitrous , i appreciate it
                  wait you ran 14.8 before the tc n/a so a 700.00 tc only gave you .3 n/a and .2 on the juice? man i might say f*** yank and go for vigillante

[ September 27, 2002: Message edited by: SLOWBRAEATER ]
                  <hr></blockquote>

I never did back to back testing with the converter.
                  I did switch engines and changed suspension.
                  My mph stayed exactly the same which indicated I gained no horsepower but on the same drag radials I went from 2.3 60 foots to 1.9 60 foots.
                  Hmmmm, .4 in the 60 foot reduction isn't half bad!!!
                  And in the 1/4, I went from consistent 15.3's to 14.5, again, not bad huh?

Sure there was a different engine but mph stayed exactly the same so [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                  Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                  nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                  2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                  2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

YEAH ITS HERE.YEAH ITS HERE. YEAH ITS HERE.ITS HERE.YEAH ITS HERE.YEAH ITS HERE. YEAH ITS HERE.

[img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img] :D :cool:

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by NBMA4V6:
                      YEAH ITS HERE.YEAH ITS HERE. YEAH ITS HERE.ITS HERE.YEAH ITS HERE.YEAH ITS HERE. YEAH ITS HERE.<hr></blockquote>

Whats that....your new dildo?

Cp

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hou-tex-six:

Whats that....your new dildo?

Cp
                        <hr></blockquote>

exactly :rolleyes:

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X