My Converter is better than your converter - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Converter is better than your converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Converter is better than your converter

It has been done..in this case bigger is better

[img]graemlins/evilgrin.gif[/img]

jeff!!!! i want details!!! stall speed, str, efficiency, brand name???...come on dude!!!
    2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

GOOD!!!!!

Glad you didn't wuss out of it. Same one we discussed earlier?

CoNvErTeR OwNz JoO!

You're gonna love it. [img]graemlins/evilgrin.gif[/img]

Scott

Comment

Tell me to!
        Teal 94 Camaro 3.4 Liter<br />Transgo stage 3 shiftkit, Shift module, corvette servo, SLP cold air induction,3.42 ring and pinion, Heavy Duty Posi LSD, Flowmaster exhaust, NX, blackouts

Comment

well i wont give out the specifics until i get my converter here and actually get the certificate that says what the specs are..

i will say it is bigger than most and very similar to another board memebers here

Jeff W [img]graemlins/evilgrin.gif[/img]

Comment

So it is a 4400 stall Jeff? lol

Scott

Comment

4400 is for wuss's like Dom. 4800 is for the big boys

OWNED!!

Comment

Can we cut the secrecy and what not?

Which verter did ya go with? What stall/str? Let's try to help eachother out here.

I'm beginning to see a pattern of Yank verters 60'ing well but not et'ing well on our cars.

I just have to say, bigger is not always better. I seem to be doing great thigns with my 3400.

If you do go with a 4K+ converter, you're really going to need to rev higher to get the full effect or the slippage will hurt you big time.
                Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Magnus:

I just have to say, bigger is not always better. I seem to be doing great thigns with my 3400.

<hr></blockquote>

Mine is bigger than yours.

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

Scott

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Scott Black:

Mine is bigger than yours.

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

Scott
                    <hr></blockquote>

HAHA so is mine!!!

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

mine is identical to Scott Blacks.

PI / Vigilante
                    3500 Stall Spd
                    2.5 STR

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by NBMA4V6:

HAHA so is mine!!!

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

mine is identical to Scott Blacks.

PI / Vigilante
                      3500 Stall Spd
                      2.5 STR

<hr></blockquote>

Sweet foo, you better have that in before I get back cuz I want to feel tha powa

;)

Comment

o it will nate..hopefully it will go in the weekend of the 6th or 7th..

Comment

Pull better than a 1.630 60 foot with 323 gears and then your converter is better than mine!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                          Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                          nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                          2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                          2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Your 60ft isnt just from the converter, mostly nitrous and et streets [img]tongue.gif[/img] so will the vigillante give better et results than the yank? How many tenths did you reduce james with your converter? how many n/a and how many with the juice? Did you add anything else besides the converter to get those results? I want to know how many tenths you reduced with just the converter and nothing else, n/a and with nitrous , i appreciate it
                            wait you ran 14.8 before the tc n/a so a 700.00 tc only gave you .3 n/a and .2 on the juice? man i might say f*** yank and go for vigillante

[ September 27, 2002: Message edited by: SLOWBRAEATER ]</p>
                            Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

Well thats great guys.

Are we just going to keep secrets and such from eachother and compete vs one anonther or work together to find ideal comob's?

This is pretty ****ty IMHO.

The timeslips page WILL be having a section for those of us with converters.. Converter plays a HUGE part in ET. Check out the ls1tech list.
                              Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X