Lets Cut to the Chase.... Edge Converters... What gains??? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Cut to the Chase.... Edge Converters... What gains???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went 1.731 on a stock converter and bottle and 3:23's

Still not enough evidence for me
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Finally back to topic..... anywyas... TO everyone that has the EDGE, is it your driving, or is it somthing in the verter thats not letting it perform, not to knock your skills, but just curious.. I am not expecting everyone to see results right away but seeing if the potential is there for the right numbers...

Comment

I dont know, its prolly my skillz. I have babied my car since day 1. Never raced it, never took it above 90 till prolly 6 or 7 months ago. I have been practicing on my lauch every chance I get now. I think a new converter would help me out a lot, but I dont know till I try it, and buy one. I normally lauch at around 2000 rpms at the track. Only two times have I encountered the dreaded wheel hop, and it was bad one of those times, I ran like a 11.5 on an 1/8th mile track. My 60 ft times are pretty dang consistant of 2.2, and only 1 time 2.1. Maybe I need to take the RPM's up somemore and try it, but I dont want to have the car hopping all over the track again. LCA's might be a cheap and wise investment. I dont know, but I think a TC will help a lot. Normally I get out of the hole pretty good, but it could be a lot better.
        !!!TOWN IDIOT!!!

Comment

adhere to your sig twofaced.

its skillz. it takes a lot of time to learn a converter. honestly, ask anyone with another converter how long it took them to learn their 'verter
          \'96 <b>Quasar Blue</b> Firebird A4<br /><a href=\"http://jamiethekiller@comcast.net\" target=\"_blank\"><i>jamiethekiller@comcast.net</i></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.woodlandrock.com\" target=\"_blank\">my band: woodland</a>

Comment

It probably took me a full year to really learn my verter.

How it reacts in hot weather vs cold
            Flashing vs stalling
            stall rpm and so on
            Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
            nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
            2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
            2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X