Lets Cut to the Chase.... Edge Converters... What gains??? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Cut to the Chase.... Edge Converters... What gains???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets Cut to the Chase.... Edge Converters... What gains???

Ok, did a search, and everyone talks about getting them or questions about them... These are the new guys on the scene and are about 300 less than any other? Do you get what you pay for? Did you see the .4-.5 gains??? If you did, what specs do you have. Looking to get a converter soon (around 3000 stall) and hoping that Edge hold up to the claims. Thanks!

i don't have any good track times yet. the only time i ran it was in the 90's with 90+ humidity.
    i did cut a 2.0 60 on street tires with them.
    \'96 <b>Quasar Blue</b> Firebird A4<br /><a href=\"http://jamiethekiller@comcast.net\" target=\"_blank\"><i>jamiethekiller@comcast.net</i></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.woodlandrock.com\" target=\"_blank\">my band: woodland</a>

Comment

ok, so what was the best you could get before the converter??

Comment

2.0 60's can be had on stock tires and stock converter.
        kris had good results everyone else has been kinda dissappointing

Comment

Yea, I was gonna say, I can cut the 2.0 on GA's.... Whos Kris?

Comment

Hello Pewter2K1,
            The Edge product is guaranteed to improve your 1/4 mile times over any competitors product or 100% of your money back.
            As I look at the "Time Slips" page I see 3 customers I have in my data base out of the top 9 in 3.8 power adders, and 2 of those are manual. Brings that number up to 3 out of 7...Thats almost 50%....
            Decent for the "new guys on the block".

Jamie,
            What was your 60ft like prior to the converter swap?

ANY upgrade (Yank, PI) or many others using 245mm theory will give you .4-.5 off the stock converter in the 1/4.

A customer was kind enough to point the thread out, sorry if I intruded. Andre

[ September 09, 2003: Message edited by: Andre@Edge ]</p>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> ANY upgrade (Yank, PI) or many others using 245mm theory will give you .4-.5 off the stock converter in the 1/4.<hr></blockquote>

So what does this mean? the others will give you the .4-.5 off, but yours will do better?? I am confused.. I am not knocking the product, I am just waiting for a definite before and after times to see where everyone stands who used this converter.

Comment

my previous best was a 15.6 in PERFECET weather with my open-rear 3.08's.

my best now is a 15.6 with a 2.0 60' in possibly the worst racing weather. if i can't hit a 14.5 with my combo now i might get upset.
                \'96 <b>Quasar Blue</b> Firebird A4<br /><a href=\"http://jamiethekiller@comcast.net\" target=\"_blank\"><i>jamiethekiller@comcast.net</i></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.woodlandrock.com\" target=\"_blank\">my band: woodland</a>

Comment

Dear Andre, being that I've had nothing but bad luck with converters.. I'd like your opinion on what stall you would suggest for my car. I am 3rd on the timeslip page right now. Thanks for your time.
                  2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                  1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                  2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                  2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                  2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Hello Shirl,
                    I wrote you an email answering your questions. Please let me know what you think and thanks for inquiring. Andre

Comment

Andre...have you had a chance to email me today about what we discussed through email yesterday?
                      Eric

2005 Mustang 4.0
                      1996 Camaro Conv
                      2000 Ford Excursion

"Darkness Falls"

Comment

Just curious, whats the price on a 3500 stall converter for a 2000 v6? I also find it impressive that a vendor/manufacturer even reads these boards that often. Is there any chance of getting a good price for a group buy? Another impressive note is the money back guarantee on this product.

[ September 12, 2003: Message edited by: twofaced ]</p>
                        !!!TOWN IDIOT!!!

Comment

PRO YANK OWNZZZZZ ALL!

1.8 60's N/A with 3:23's

I spent $700 on my nitrous converter specifically built for my car per mods, dyno results, gears, tire height and so on

2.8 STR
                          95.5-96% effeciency
                          3200 stall

I went .4 quicker in the 60 foot.
                          I went .7 quicker in the 1/4 mile.

I get 33 MPG on the highway

$100 per .1 reduction in the 1/4 is quite good!

I have seen one person with alleged good results I think.

All the hype and no impressive times.
                          I would need to see better results from the converters for me to give it a [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] but I am in NO WAY saying they are a bad company.

A good driver is the key to showing the TRUE potential of an aftermarket part.

[ September 14, 2003: Message edited by: 12secondv6 ]</p>
                          Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                          nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                          2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                          2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

i just need more practice and time. plus good weather.

Comment

i love my edge, i cut a 1.70 on the bottle. she's a beast [img]graemlins/evilgrin.gif[/img]
                              1997 camaro rs<br />1989 TURBO SUPRA w/ sp61gt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X