Clutch $?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch $?

What is the cheapest clutch I can get? I just need the clutch plate and I need it cheap...
    \"If I have seen further, it is by standing upon the <br />shoulders of giants.\" (Isaac Newton)

did a quick lookup.. cheap for a clutch kit for our cars is obviously a relative term!..

advance autoparts has one for around 300.. for that price I'd just order a stage 1 from spec.. spend the extra few dollars and get a good one.. I realize you are getting rid of your car.. but I seriously doubt you will get this cheap.. maybe call a junk yard and see if you can get a low mileage one off of a car.. try to get the clutch, pressure plate and flywheel.. that way everything is matched as far as wear goes..
    -Brad
    98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
    2000 V-Star Custom 1100
    If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
    :rock:

Comment

How bad will the wear matter? Noticable?
      \"If I have seen further, it is by standing upon the <br />shoulders of giants.\" (Isaac Newton)

Comment

sorry for the late reply.. what do you mean? if everything is worn too much you get clutch slippage.. well as far as the used stuff.. I guess if you got one that wasn't worn out you could smooth it out.. see by getting used stuff you stand the chance of having the car jerk when you let off the clutch.. it would be similar to installing a new clutch and not having the flywheel resurfaced.. I mean this is really a preventative thing.. just like having a flywheel resurfaced.. you don't HAVE to have it done.. but you have about a 95% chance of the flywheel and clutch not mating properly and making the car buck like crazy on start off..
        -Brad
        98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
        2000 V-Star Custom 1100
        If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
        :rock:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X