Anybody know how to turn off the traction control? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody know how to turn off the traction control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know how to turn off the traction control?

Is there a way to wire a switch like with the cooling fans? I saw a box on SLP's site about it, but would rather save the money.
    Msd wires,Summit coils,Cuctom CIA&longtubes 2.5inch w/side exit,Cam,Heads & Intake,30# injectors,reprogrammed computer,3400 edge Converter, 3.73\'s&LSD,Edlebrock torque arm, SLP LCA\'s,Jegs panhard bar,16 inch nittos Best ET 14.374 @94 <br />Best 60\' 1.91

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> I got tired of turning ASR off everytime I started the car so I cut one of the two lines going to the ASR motor (behind battery) and ran a
    lead from each of the cut ends to a switch under the dash.
    If the switch is closed, the circuit is complete (like stock) and ASR is on. (Still can be switched off at stock rocker switch).
    If the switch is open, the ASR system is disabled, the "ASR OFF" light shows up on the dash (just like if you used the stock rocker).
    This mod does not set a code on my Z28. <hr></blockquote>
    \" As being is to becoming, so is pure itellect to opinion, so is science to belief, and understanding to the peception of shadows.\" - Plato

Comment

if you dont have a switch, then you dont have traction control.

Comment

I thought the only switch was for sgs not for a seperate traction control
        Msd wires,Summit coils,Cuctom CIA&longtubes 2.5inch w/side exit,Cam,Heads & Intake,30# injectors,reprogrammed computer,3400 edge Converter, 3.73\'s&LSD,Edlebrock torque arm, SLP LCA\'s,Jegs panhard bar,16 inch nittos Best ET 14.374 @94 <br />Best 60\' 1.91

Comment

If you don't have a V8, you don't have traction control.
          <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by speedy-v6-camaro:
            If you don't have a V8, you don't have traction control.<hr></blockquote>

I have traction control and I don't have an 8.
            [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
            1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>If you don't have a V8, you don't have traction control. <hr></blockquote>

I've got it too....
              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Robafb:
                I thought the only switch was for sgs not for a seperate traction control<hr></blockquote>

if you have an sgs switch you don't have traction control. and yes you can get tc on a v6, many newer fbods have it.
                <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/briansr\" target=\"_blank\">97 White Pontiac Firebird 3.8 A4</a><br />Mods- 2.75\" exhaust, Dynomax muffler, magnaflow cat, SLP CAI, Hypertech 160* thermo, Fan switch<br />Suspension-Kumho Ecsta 712\'s, 32mm/19mm sway bars<br /><br />Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don\'t fail us now. <br />-Elwood Blues

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X