No announcement yet.

3.08 gears =(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> I might be wrong but if you were to add a zexel-torsen lsd then that in itself is a series III carrier, right? so all you need is the 3.42 ring and pinion (pay between 100-130 for them used) and a take-off lsd from slp for 100, then labor will be in the 200 range, so about 400-450 total. I can't wait to get mine in, i have the gears and the lsd is in the mail. goodbye 2.3X 60 fts!! <hr></blockquote>

Correct- also don't forget about the ABS reluctor ring - the installer should be able to provide all the other little install parts, etc.
    1998 Sport Gold Metallic Camaro 3.8

Comment

Awww, quit complaining, I've got 2.93's!!

2nd gear is good up to 86mph! ;)

DEE
      1997 GTP(13.3@104)-Sold<br />1999 Trans Am M6

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by goldenfbodyboy:

Correct- also don't forget about the ABS reluctor ring - the installer should be able to provide all the other little install parts, etc.
        <hr></blockquote>

The reluctor ring from my current gears can't be transferred to fit the new ones?

Comment

i got a 96, i am not sure what kind of gears i got. Do any of u guys know where i could find that??
          2005 Chevrolet Corvette C6 <br />M6, Magnaflow\'s 14336<br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/v6purplebird\" target=\"_blank\">C6 Pics</a><br /><br />Old car:<br />1996 Firebird A4<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Magnaflow Catback Exhaust<br />Magnaflow Catalytic Converter<br /><br />George Mason University<br />CEIE Major<br />Pi Kappa Alpha<br /><br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/nsolano\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird Pics </a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by zccop2001:
            if ya done have a LSD rear, u can never kick it sideways?

Cause not always, but like 90% of the time if i wanna be an a$$ i cant go completely sideways, or do a donut even(not recommended)

dave
            <hr></blockquote>

zzop... donut... ha! you kill me :D [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
            2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
            Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> The reluctor ring from my current gears can't be transferred to fit the new ones?<hr></blockquote>

I don't think so- not 100 percent sure on this one- search the forum- I am sure the definitive answer is out there.
              1998 Sport Gold Metallic Camaro 3.8

Comment

I know this is not for a 4th gen, but I got 2.41's on my 78 Formula. Nothing like doing 60 mph in first gear! Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know that I have the worst gears of all, but I got the 3.42's on my 02.
                2002 Pontiac Firebird<br />Sunset Orange<br />A-4,Y87,W68<br />Whisper Lid,SLP CAI,SLP STB<br />Holley Powershot<br />Y87 V6 Decal under right tailight<br />**********<br />1978 Pontiac Firebird Formula 350<br />A-3<br />2.41 rear....can you believe that?<br />Not as fast of the V6 simply becuase of that rear.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by NSolano:
                  i got a 96, i am not sure what kind of gears i got. Do any of u guys know where i could find that??<hr></blockquote>

GU4=3.08
                  GU5=3.23
                  GU6=3.42

You'll find one of those codes in your RPO codes, either in your glovebox or on the passenger-side door.
                  2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

I have 3.08 on my car too, it is not as fast as I would like off the line but it will do, I am not going to change them.
                    It does have amazing power after you step on it at 40 and it will cruse all day at 70 with power to go.
                    I really wanted the Y87 package but I got such a good deal I couldnt complane.
                    ~chris~ 98 Cayenne red Camaro 3800 A4, 3:08, T tops Borla cat-back, wisper lid K&N, Bilstine shocks, Dunlops all around. <br />AOL IM: chevyboyz24

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X