ST3500 goes in thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow!! :eek: :eek:

i thought i was doing good by putting on a mod going to the track, putting on a mod and going to the track...... though i do believe wheather does play a vital role. as well as spark plugs being fouled also!
    6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Scott Black:
      I love it how some people whose names will remain undisclosed never pay attention to me until i mention getting this or that mod. Nino, this is not referring to you, just FYI.<hr></blockquote>

State your beef Scott. Who are you talking about? It doesn't help anybody by keeping things like this to yourself. Nobody is going to kill you for stating your oppinion.

We are also not faulting you for no before track times. It's tough to be in school and mod the car at the same time. Thats a part of life. When you DO hit the track though, I strongly suggest a 3.42 or even 3.73 gear with LSD, and definately STICK TIRES. Really nail your 60' down so you get some good comparable #'s.. You also might want to try several launch techniques. 2 foot the car. left foot on brake, right on gas. I would try:

Simultaneousely (off idle) release the brake and NAIL the gas as FAST as you can.
      Simultaneousely (1200 idle) do the same.
      try 1500, 1750 and 2000 as well.

If you spin, lower the tire pressure, do a longer burnout and try again. You really want to dead hook the car for your #'s to be comparable.

Also, the reason some of us are paying attention to this thread a little more (like me) is because we know of noone else who has a Yank Super Thruster in their 3.8's just yet. You will be a pioneer. Several of us will be looking at you for your detailed oppinion of the converter and definately some good SOLID track #'s.

- Keith
      Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X