ST3500 goes in thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ST3500 goes in thursday

Buddy of mine works at a local dealership and has hooked up his 94 Z with a 383 stroker. Welp he emailed me yesterday and said we will do my converter, transgo, and transmission cooler at 1 PM thursday.

Anybody wanna donate some sticky tires??? :D

Scott

I pray that you will have good before/after times..

I'm really curious how this converter will perform on our cars.

I *MIGHT* do a ST4000 after I blow up my current motor with my somewhat midsized stall.
    Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

Well, i've never run it at the track before, i'm guessing i am right at 14.9 because i consistenly lose to my buddy w/ a v6 stang that runs 14.7 all day. He only beats me by half a car. That was also before the GMMG exhaust. So we can go from there, i guess??? It will be on an open rear too, until i get more cash to have the 3.42s/Auburn installed.

Scott

Comment

ahhhhhhhh well its all up to you..

ST3500 + open rear is going to suck royally. I wouldn't even go to the track with an open rear and a converter. You won't hook at all

3.73's + Zexel LSD ($99) + ST 3500 + Nittos.. hmm.. sounds like a winner..

Or maybe...

4.10's + ST4000 + ET Streets...

*sigh*...
        Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Scott Black:
          Well, i've never run it at the track before, i'm guessing i am right at 14.9 because i consistenly lose to my buddy w/ a v6 stang that runs 14.7 all day. He only beats me by half a car. That was also before the GMMG exhaust. So we can go from there, i guess??? It will be on an open rear too, until i get more cash to have the 3.42s/Auburn installed.

Scott
          <hr></blockquote>

No before/after times? I'm dissapointed. Don't you want to know how much the converter has helped? Guessing times has not worked for me too well. You might be running 15.4s and think you are running 14.9s, then you get to the track and run 14.9s and be dissapointed. In which case I'll buy your converter for $50 since it obviously doesn't work. ;)

Comment

Maybe i could talk him into doing the gears and LSD also while we are there. Man what a difference all of that would make. School has been keeping me busy, that is why i haven't taken it out to race yet. I graduate in 5 weeks so then the fun will begin.

Scott

Comment

scott, i dont want to burst your bubble, but you are not at 14.9. not even with your exhaust. these guys are right, you should have before and after times. my guess would be 15.4/15.5. i speak from experience, though i could be wrong.
              and another thing show me this V6 mustang running 14.7. i'll put him in his place for you. are you sure he is not 15.7 like V6 mustangs are? i aint being rude (your my bud), but you have no track record. open rear, 3500 stall, stock tires---- i tried to warn you. again, i aint being mean or anything, but with your setup as it is with the added 3500 TC i can honestly see you running a 15.8-16.2. spin city. like i said, i speak from experience. i dont mean to discourage ya, but you have to think of all the factors, not just 3500 stall. but i do wish you the best of luck in trying to beat my time. it is your determination that makes me buy more mods. :D
              and again scott, i dont want to sound rude, but you gotta show timeslips before you say your in the 14s. good luck to ya
              6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

I know guys.

I'm not going to become a bench racer like 10SecDream (even though i bought his headers).

Just give me time, you bastards! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I love it how some people whose names will remain undisclosed never pay attention to me until i mention getting this or that mod. Nino, this is not referring to you, just FYI.

And NO, the v6 stang is not stock. He has a significant amount of cash in his car and i have seen his timeslips. It's not BS, why would i say something that is not true? Whateva.

Has not been a good day.

Scott

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Magnus:

3.73's + Zexel LSD ($99)

<hr></blockquote>

WHERE!!!!!!
                  merlin
                  2002 Firebird<br />2003 Yamaha YZF 600R

Comment

i just want to meet a stang V6 that would like to give me a try.

i am all for ya.

i hope your day gets better.
                    6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

Merlin, you can vouch for me about the v6 stang, and how close i am, remember that white one that i raced???

It's just horse**** that people try to make me feel "guilty" for not taking my car to the track. Sorry that i have school to take care of and a girlfriend that i love just as much as the car. LIKE I SAID, i graduate in 5 weeks so i will have alot more time to go and get many runs in at the track.

I'm sorry that i even posted about getting this converter in the first place.

Nino, thanks, email me.

Scott

Comment

75 bucks for converter and cooler install on thursday at 1 pm. eat that!

transgo and rear end will go in as money allows, at a discount of course, from my good buddy. :cool:

Scott

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by redbird00:

WHERE!!!!!!
                          merlin
                          <hr></blockquote>

www.slpeng.com

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Scott Black:
                            Merlin, you can vouch for me about the v6 stang, and how close i am, remember that white one that i raced???

It's just horse**** that people try to make me feel "guilty" for not taking my car to the track. Sorry that i have school to take care of and a girlfriend that i love just as much as the car. LIKE I SAID, i graduate in 5 weeks so i will have alot more time to go and get many runs in at the track.

I'm sorry that i even posted about getting this converter in the first place.

Nino, thanks, email me.

Scott
                            <hr></blockquote>

I'm just basically saying that if it was me I'd do before/after so I can tell if I spend my money wisely. This way you won't be able to tell if it was a good mod or not. You might only get 2/10s from the converter and not know it and it will always be holding you back. See what I'm saying. Keith did one mod at a time and always went to the track. It's just a good way to measure your mods. If he just threw in all the mods and then went to the track he'd still be using the MSD DIS6 cause he would never know it didn't work. Whatever you want to do though. I'm just advising you not telling you.
                            [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Another thing I do...

I have a log of every mod I've done to the car, every fluid change, anything...

AND I have a huge spreadsheet of EVERY SINGLE timeslip I've ever ran with the car with weather stats for the day and chagnes I have made to the car.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X