technical shift kit install questions - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

technical shift kit install questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: technical shift kit install questions

With needle nose pliers. You may have to work it in and out a few times.
    sigpic

Comment

Ya I go it out, I had to just scratch the casting...I spent 45 mins sititng there bobbing it.

Few more questions now as I'm done for the night.

1) Is that manual/reverse valve and the chamfer they say to put on it litterally just to disengage from reverse quicker and nothing else? Because I can't get into the machine shop for awhile now and I could careless how fast it comes out of reverse, that was never a problem for me.

2) What is best to clean the seperator plate/gasket with?

3) It looks like there are 2 epc screens? What's best to clean them? They're filthy...

4) Regarding the epc screen it says to drill, do you reccommend the 2 bigger holes or 4 small ones?

And lastly) do you think its bad if I do not install the clutch spring kit? Given the pieces that have gone in to this point now?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Few more questions now as I'm done for the night.

1) Is that manual/reverse valve and the chamfer they say to put on it litterally just to disengage from reverse quicker and nothing else? Because I can't get into the machine shop for awhile now and I could careless how fast it comes out of reverse, that was never a problem for me.

It is not a must do.
        2) What is best to clean the seperator plate/gasket with?

I use a razor blade and brakekleen.

3) It looks like there are 2 epc screens? What's best to clean them? They're filthy...

Spray them out with brakekleen.

4) Regarding the epc screen it says to drill, do you reccommend the 2 bigger holes or 4 small ones?

In the screen it shouldn't matter much, the largest one that will fit.
        And lastly) do you think its bad if I do not install the clutch spring kit? Given the pieces that have gone in to this point now?

I think in the instructions it say to install those only if your doing a full rebuild on the trans.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
          how hard are you hitting 2nd and 3rd?
          I chirp 2nd super easy, but the 2-3 shift isn't nearly as hard as the 1-2, although certainly much firmer than it used to be, I could never go back. I do have the help of a powerdyne, but also have 3.08's, so if you have more gear I'd assume you'll be breaking loose pretty easy on the 1-2 and maybe even the 2-3. I love me that 1-2 shift though, it puts you back in your seat something nice. :tup:

Comment

I did 1 spacer and used Hptuners to firm the rest of it. Shifts are really firm.I don't get any wheel spin do to my suspension though. May chirp 2nd. sometimes.
            Last edited by ssms5411; 03-15-2012, 09:15 PM.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

sweet, I put 2 spacers in.

Ok, back to page 3...step 4, who has a picture of how that valve goes back together? It fell apart on me and I didnt look...I think I have it together properly...I hope.

2ndly, why the F is that so hard to put back in?

and somewhat related to this (although I might have to make a post in the lounge) can someone with pacesetter headers take a picture of their exhaust from underneath the car by the tranny area...Im going to the shop on saturday and he gave me a quote based on stock exhaust (for a v8) cause thats what they normally deal with...so I just want to show the guy that I think our stock exhaust and our exhaust with headers still leaves tons of clearance for the trans swap.

Thanks guys.

Comment

oh ya, and who wants to email me the stock hp tuners trans tables? I kinda don't trust the repository... Please and thank you.

allstar_goaltender@hotmail.com

Comment

I don't see a step 4 on page3?
                  sigpic

Comment

Sorry page 2, its an accumulator bushing piece.

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                      oh ya, and who wants to email me the stock hp tuners trans tables? I kinda don't trust the repository... Please and thank you.

allstar_goaltender@hotmail.com

I can email you mine but their not stock, will have to look for the stock table.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

HD-2 Shift Kit was one of the best investments I ever made into my 00 Camaro. I had it professionally installed though, however it only ran about 300 for the install and new fluid.

Comment

Ok, ready for reassembly...couple more questions...the seperator plate goes between the trans and valvebody right? (I already forget)

And how does the wire spacer go in the epc screen? Is it supposed to just sit there loosely? Isn't that going to fall out or interfere with something??

Lastly, the flat metal piece that is on the seperator plate? How does that stay on? Just by bolts? Because it seemed to be stuck to my old seperator plate?

Thanks

Comment

Ok, ready for reassembly...couple more questions...the seperator plate goes between the trans and valvebody right? (I already forget)

Yes. The gaskets on the case side and valve body side are different too.

And how does the wire spacer go in the epc screen? Is it supposed to just sit there loosely? Isn't that going to fall out or interfere with something??

Just sits in there . It can't really go anywhere after it's together.
                            Lastly, the flat metal piece that is on the seperator plate? How does that stay on? Just by bolts? Because it seemed to be stuck to my old seperator plate?

It bolts on and after being together awhile it sticks to the gasket.
                            Thanks
                            sigpic

Comment

so hold on, the epc screen sits on the seperator plate on the side that goes against the casing correct?

Also, the manual valve detent spring...I dont know which way is park on the lose lever, how do I know I set this spring back on the proper teeth?

Comment

I believe the EPC screen clips into the separator plate. Park is the position where the rod leading back to the parking spal is all the way to the rear of the case.
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X