5 Spd Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 5 Spd Swap

I believe 99 and 00's are the same PCM so it should plug and play, might check HPtuners website for more info.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Did it and didnt have an issue. In fact it runs a bit better now too.
      Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
        How do you change just the rod? and did that allow your pedal to go all the way out? That may be the issue, It seems like the clutch pedal doesnt have very much travel.

Edit-It looks as though my unit does not have the adjustable rod.
        soo when u changed the master everything was perfect?...i work @ a shop and ran in to the same deal as u and i thought the machine shop re-surfaced the flywheel too much....i dont have an adjustable rod either...i just got a thick long bolt...made the head round and swapped it out with the old one...only thing though is i have to make the rod shorter as the clutch wears...but if u changed the master and it fixed everything ill look into that too...

Comment

Originally posted by darkflare999 View Post
          soo when u changed the master everything was perfect?...i work @ a shop and ran in to the same deal as u and i thought the machine shop re-surfaced the flywheel too much....i dont have an adjustable rod either...i just got a thick long bolt...made the head round and swapped it out with the old one...only thing though is i have to make the rod shorter as the clutch wears...but if u changed the master and it fixed everything ill look into that too...

The issue that I was having was that I would bleed it off and it would have good pedal, but 30 minutes later there was nothing. I knew the slave was good, so I figured the master must have went bad from sitting for over a year. I pulled out the old one and the new one came with new o rings to put on the metal braided line. The rod still doesn't allow the pedal to reach all the way to the top, but the clutch works perfect none the less.
          Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Made a run for youtube.. The wife filmed it for me. Got a little issue with a miss, but I think it is old gas for sitting for a year. I will be filling her up tomorrow with some new gas and seeing if that helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbBKw...ature=youtu.be
            Team NoVa

Comment

Nice, glad you got it going.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X