transmission and rear end question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: transmission and rear end question?

I dot believe that has been done yet mainly because the bolt pattern n the engine dose not match any engine that comes with. also you would need one of their PCM units because our PCM's cant do a 6 spd. one other option for this would be a GPIO board from the makers of megasquirt but it is like $300and I dont know if they have worked out the circuitry or programing for it.

Comment

Originally posted by A fireman View Post
      I dot believe that has been done yet mainly because the bolt pattern n the engine dose not match any engine that comes with. also you would need one of their PCM units because our PCM's cant do a 6 spd. one other option for this would be a GPIO board from the makers of megasquirt but it is like $300and I dont know if they have worked out the circuitry or programing for it.
      this makes no sense?

the pcm has no idea what gear the car is in while driving, you dont need to do anything different with a 5 speed than you would a 6 speed.

and there are adapters to bolt the transmissions up.

Comment

the 6L80 not the T56

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
          this makes no sense?

the pcm has no idea what gear the car is in while driving, you dont need to do anything different with a 5 speed than you would a 6 speed.

and there are adapters to bolt the transmissions up.
          he was talking about the 6 speed automatic

as far as bolting it up, again, imput shaft issues/torque converter fitment will be the main problems.
          Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

ah gotcha. i just saw it and thought it sounded cool

Comment

it is a cool idea but because the be lhouseing is not removable it will make it very difficult to adapt it. There are ways to make the 4L60E like a push button sequential using that GPIO board, added with a shift kid and a vette shift servo you could have the gear choice and faster shift times. because of the cost of getting a T5 that's as strong as the 4L60E this is what I will probably do, just throwing ideas out there for you now.

Comment

the 6L80 not the T56
                my bad, i didnt see the post about the 6l80

Comment

it is a cool idea but because the be lhouseing is not removable it will make it very difficult to adapt it. There are ways to make the 4L60E like a push button sequential using that GPIO board, added with a shift kid and a vette shift servo you could have the gear choice and faster shift times. because of the cost of getting a T5 that's as strong as the 4L60E this is what I will probably do, just throwing ideas out there for you now.
                  whats a push button sequential and GPIO board? i will probably just end up/ beefing up my 4L60 in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
                    my bad, i didnt see the post about the 6l80
                    Its ok I figured that was the case

A sequential is a transmission that you push a up or down shift button or lever, has no clutch and can only be run through the gears sequentialy hence the name.

A GPIO board is this it is like megasquirt, a standalone PCM just for your transmission, there is a $25 add on kit for that specifically for the 4L60E now I have not gone to deep into what you can do but if you have any electronic know how or know some one who dose its an option for you to tune and work on your transmission

Comment

o wow thats pretty cool. so to beef up the tranny i can just get GPIO, shift kit, and corvette servo? none of that will throw the stock ecu out of wack?

Comment

they should not throw codes. I am running megasquirt right now and I have taken the control of the IGN system and the fuel injectors from the stock PCM and I dont get codes. Now you need a computer and a serial to USB adapter to tune the GPIO board but there not to bad.
                        Use these links to learn a little more on the projects
                        megasquirt
                        GPIO
                        diy megashift
                        From what I can see the DIYautotune package is a standalone unit, as it should be for the price, but like I said you need to know a little about building electronics because you have to solder everything to the board. There is no current plug and play version. Best of luck and keep me up on how you decide to tackle this and if you need any help.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X