got my posi 3.73

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: got my posi 3.73

My cruise control did the same thing, the mecahnic that did mine used RP gear oil since it already has lsd additive in it, I drove it for 500 miles drained it and installed mt T/A cover with ARP stud kit and put RP fluid back in , and with GM motive gears it makes zero noise, I was surprised with being 3.73's. Someone said there is a fix in Hptuners or something like that to get the cruise control working again(think there was a write up somewhere), I never looked into it , just removed it since I don't drive too much anyway, esp. long enough to use it anyway. The tires are going to move at the same rate rear or front it is something in Hptuners I believe, just can't remember right now, sorry. I would try and search some older threads about it.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Thank you... I'll stay tuned.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

I just went out and took a peak at my old open carrier. A lot simpler than the Torsen.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Bonemaro View Post
          Question though. My cruise control isn't working now. Is this because the car "thinks" the rear tires are moving faster than the front tires and the ABS system is disabling it?

Some will work and some will not after changing the gears. It's the same after tuning, some will work and some will not. HP tuners knows something in there program stops the cruise from working in some cars, but haven't addressed it. It may begin to work with a tune, it may not.

The ABS doesn't think the front is moving a different speed than the rear. The ABS takes the readings off of the ring gear or rear axles and those are still spinning the same RPM in relation to MPH as they were before. The only thing effected RPM wise is the engine/ drive shaft RPM is now higher. The speed o meter gets its reading from the out put shaft of the trans, and that is the same as the drive shaft RPM and now spinning faster. That is why the speedometer reads faster.
          sigpic

Comment

Well that sucks. I want my cruise.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Bonemaro View Post
              Well that sucks. I want my cruise.

It may work after tuning for the gears, so there is a chance.
              sigpic

Comment

Where is the best place to get the pcm tuned for a gear change? I want to get mine done but want to do it all at the same time.

Comment

Find someone with HPtuners or do a mail order, or buy HPtuners.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I would recommend getting HPTuners. Not only will you be able to tune for the new gears, which takes only a few minutes, but you will also have the ability to make changes in the future, scan for codes, etc. I purchased it recently and am glad I did.

Consider it part of the cost of a gear swap.
                    2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

i considered hptuners part of my turbo build lol. seems a little more worth while that way, i suppose.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                        Hello everyone!
                        by Andy H
                        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                        3 weeks ago
                      • 3.4 slow to go
                        hey there strangers!
                        by 3.4 slow to go
                        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X