got my posi 3.73

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got my posi 3.73

so i took out my old rear end today and swapped it for a 3.73 posi. my old rear end had alot more damage than i thought it did my gears were missing pieces of teeth and the catch magnet had a hand ful of metal shards on it. it was a good time to change it and the posi is awsome

Re: got my posi 3.73

Have you tuned it yet for th 3.73's if not the shifts will be messed up and shift early so you won't get the full effect of them. I know I love mine, was surprisingly more noticable than the 3.42's than I thought it was going to be.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

no i havent tuned for it yet but its wont be long and i can notice a difference in pick up. but the posi makes a world of difference

Comment

Don't get on it too much, you might damage the tranny, Once tunned you will be flooring it from stop light to stop light for he first couple of months because of the take offs are so much fun, add a shift kit, Vette servo and tuned with Hptuners and you'll smile everytime you hit the gas. LOL Also next for me will be a conveter, LETZRIDE has nothing but great results and great info about them, just have to find the right one for your car.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          Don't get on it too much, you might damage the tranny, Once tunned you will be flooring it from stop light to stop light for he first couple of months because of the take offs are so much fun, add a shift kit, Vette servo and tuned with Hptuners and you'll smile everytime you hit the gas. LOL Also next for me will be a conveter, LETZRIDE has nothing but great results and great info about them, just have to find the right one for your car.
          ;) can't go wrong with these....alot of fun, especially with some sticky tires.

You'll definetly enjoy the posi and gears for awhile to...what type of posi did you put in there?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Lucky bastards :(

Congrats anyway!

How do you guys think they would do on an M5?
            sigpic
            98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

well im buying a new motor for 500 and a tranny for 375 within a week and modding them within the month and i was looking into the converters but i was only finding them for the v8s for the most part you guys know of a site to get them for our cars? and also i was gunna wait to tune it till i got the motor and tranny in cause itd be kinda stupid to go to my friend twice. plus my trannys been on its way out for 10000 miles both engine and tranny have 220000 miles on them the rear did too so im getting new. lol oh and its a stock ss posi but its the gear locking one not the clutch plate one i cant remember the names

Comment

I just got me a 3.73 torsen as well. Not installed yet though. You say I have some fun to look forward to? :p

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Bonemaro View Post
                  I just got me a 3.73 torsen as well. Not installed yet though. You say I have some fun to look forward to? :p
                  yes, although I would steer clear of torsens and sticky tires...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                  1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

I just have my crappy BFG's.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                      Have you tuned it yet for th 3.73's if not the shifts will be messed up and shift early so you won't get the full effect of them. I know I love mine, was surprisingly more noticable than the 3.42's than I thought it was going to be.

did you have 3.42s and posi originally, then went to a 3.73? I have 3.42s right now and thought the jump to 3.73s isnt worth it, did you think it was?

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
                        did you have 3.42s and posi originally, then went to a 3.73? I have 3.42s right now and thought the jump to 3.73s isnt worth it, did you think it was?
                        I had 3.23's open diff for about 5 years, then went to 3.42's and used torsen posi with a M5, big change was the posi and the gears felt alittle better, then about 6-7 years later I went with a new Torsen Posi I had and GM Motive 3.73's but already swaped to a A4 and a shift kit a servo, feels great but have to remember A4 has a longer OD gear than a M5, I rode in FirebirdGT's M5 car after I tuned it for his 3.73's and it def. was alot different when I had my M5 with 3.42's.More pick up esp. than 3.42's. For my auto the 3.73's were the best move , I know 4.10's would be too much becuase of highway driving is 75mph + around here and I'm at around 2500 RPMS at 75 mph with 3.73's so it would be the gear I would choose if I had to do it again. I hope to get a converter here soon with a built tranny so I only have to do it once. Either a 3000 to 3500 converter but will see what the dyno says after the turbo goes on. Aboott racing sells convertors for our 3.8's and Performbuilt transmissons.

Comment

yes i do notice a difference just feels stronger especially when your on it in like 3rd on the thruway pulls real nice to govener :( for now

Comment

what RPM's would a M5 be at with 3.73's without a tune?

Comment

im going from 3.23 to 3.42 with a posi. i have an m5. will i need to do any tuning? i have no idea what im doing when it comes to that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X