No announcement yet.

T-Top Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

02 Camaro Firebird Transam Fbody Ttop conversion02 Camaro Fbody TTop ConversionUpdate for today. I got the sail panel off (what a *****). I tried a cheap amazon wire kit used for windshields… snapped that like 5x before I gave up almost punching myself in the face. Cracked the dremel out and quickly cut the middle out so I just left the 2 glue edges on and then used a hammer/chisel/multi tool combo… Used the multi tool scraper to remove the glue and leave just a thin line… made quick easy work of that.

Went back and lifted my corners I banged down back up, dropped some JB weld in and hammered/clamped them back down as I didn’t want to see any rivets. Hopefully I can fiberglass with the kitty hair tomorrow… after that the sail panel needs to go on and I need to test fit everything once again.

Attached Files

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Good to hear it’s coming along.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4424.jpeg
Size:	2.55 MB
ID:	1579267 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4461.jpeg
Size:	2.71 MB
ID:	1579265

Finished up the sanding and got it into the body shop
        where they will put the final skim coat and paint the car. Everything fit nice and tight and pretty much looks factory. I can’t wait for it to clean up nice with some paint.

No wind noise either on the drive over which is a good sign.
        Attached Files

Comment

Name:	IMG_6321.jpeg
Size:	2.18 MB
ID:	1579270 Body shop sent me these photos today from the paint…

Name:	72780812297__9AE4B07B-DE08-428D-BBDD-56CF7BDF9E55.jpeg
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	1579269

Comment

Look great Mike, good idea of painting the car after doing the T-top conversion. You have me thinking the same thing.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Hey y'all. been a long time!

I remember doing a conversion with another previous member here about 18 years ago. She also had an 02 camaro and I remember the t-top conversion was a P.I.T.A. to get straight and leakproof. This one looks good though. You took your time and it shows. Looking forward to the final pics when painted and everything is back together. Nice job~!
              sigpic

Comment

Hockeyman , haven’t seen you on here for a long time. What’s new?

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                  Hockeyman , haven’t seen you on here for a long time. What’s new?
                  I'll message you...
                  sigpic

Comment

Nice color. Is it sunset orange?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                      Hello everyone!
                      by Andy H
                      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                      3 weeks ago
                    • 3.4 slow to go
                      hey there strangers!
                      by 3.4 slow to go
                      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X