Cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam

Looking to cam my car. Wat would be a good cam with a mild lope at a decent price (like under $250)? And where is a good place to purchase one from?

Re: Cam

your not going to find a cam for under 315$...they are all about the same price regardless of the specs...Then you need to factor in the money for all the supporting mods for it such as springs, retainers, valve seals, timing chain, possibly lifters, push rods, all your gaskets...then you need to get it tuned...so your looking at either a dyno tune or buying hp tuners and doing it yourself...

THEN...you also need to tell us your plans for the car...cause there are NA cams, and FI cams...makes a big difference which one you get...the builds are in complete opposite directions of one another...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=45545
      http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=46236
      http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=63710

Comment

Originally posted by 2000camarokid View Post
        Looking to cam my car. Wat would be a good cam with a mild lope at a decent price (like under $250)? And where is a good place to purchase one from?
        I run the VS cam from ZZPerforamnce which is a mild cam, has been great for N/A , 8-10 PSI with Powerdyne, and outstanding with 100-150 nitrous shot, next a turbo is going in and will see how it does with it. To get the most from the cam 105LB springs, ZZP modded retainers, Viton guides, and some Comp 5/16" pushrods would help it perform better. I tried mine with stock springs and it was night & day when using the Comp 105 LB springs. I could really tell the difference, just N/A. The cam is 206/216 115 LS which when I installed it at first I didn't have HPtuners and it doesn't set off any codes, with tunning it really wakes up N/A.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I have an INTENSE Stage 1 NA Cam for sale for 160 shipped. I just bought it about 3 weeks ago from someone else on here but I found out my block is no good so I need some money instead of modding.

P.M. me if you want it. I'm trying to sell it before this weekend so don't wait too long.

I also have some other stuff to go along with it that you may need, such as a new timing chain and gears (stronger than stock) and a new damper.

Comment

GT2 cam with a 6# powerdyne
            i love it. loud and lumpy
            headers, high flow cat, slp loudmouth
            powerdyne supercharger 6psi
            GT2 cam. all done by myself :banana:
            Hell yea

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X