Does anyone make an aluminum oil pan for series II 3.8 - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone make an aluminum oil pan for series II 3.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone make an aluminum oil pan for series II 3.8

Does anyone make an aluminum oil pan for series II 3.8? I haven't been able to find any manufactures that do so far.

Thnks for the help, Joshua

Re: Does anyone make an aluminum oil pan for series II 3.8

??? What's wrong with the dorman replacements? Or stock one for that matter?
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

there expensive!...like 60-80$ plus the gasket...I still need to grab one myself....

as far as I know there are only oem pans for us...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

I'am Building a race car with a 3.8 SC and would like extra oil capacity without having to tap for a oil cooler.

Comment

I bought a spare one and it is steel which is alot better than ALM., esp with a Cast Iron block, I bought a T&D dual remote oil filter setup that will bring my oil capcity to 6 QTS from 4.5 QTS. stock. and I'm running Royal Purple 20W50. The system uses PF2 or Bosch 3500 size filters which are huge. They are 5.0 mustang filters and some GM vehicles like trucks and Vans. With guys running low 11's with turbo's I think the stock pan would be fine. Even the fastest HIghHP I think ran a stock pan running 8.9's in the 1/4 mile. I don't think a supercharger is going to make that much HP, so I wouldn't worry about a ALM. oil pan. That would be the least on my mind. But if you want more oil cap. then a Dual remote one would be the way to go. I hope to get mine on this week.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

use the stocker for your app, no need in going with a bigger one. Use the $$ somewhere else with your car
            http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
              I bought a T&D dual remote oil filter setup that will bring my oil capcity to 6 QTS from 4.5 QTS. stock.

Do you have a part number for this set up and how much was it?

Thnks Joshua

Comment

I got it off ebay , made for a Buick up to 05' (I think ) let me see if I can find the link.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Heres the link , you can also order longer hoses 30" is what it comes with for like $12 you can get 48" hoses which I didn't know but where I'm mounting it doesn't matter.Heres some pics of the filters compared to longer stock filters:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-T...4506.m20.l1116
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by ssms5411; 08-19-2009, 12:16 PM.

Comment

i've never had an aluminum oil pan on a vehicle so my opinion on this may not matter ... but with my experience working with aluminum i would be terrified to put an aluminum pan on a car this low and drive it on the street

Comment

i know someone who could possibly make one for you.. i just need your old oil pan so he can make the cast

let me know, and i will talk to him to see if it is doable

Comment

Originally posted by J Phillies View Post
                        i've never had an aluminum oil pan on a vehicle so my opinion on this may not matter ... but with my experience working with aluminum i would be terrified to put an aluminum pan on a car this low and drive it on the street

All LS1 cars came with and aluminum oil pan.
                        sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X