Need help on what to get with my cam... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help on what to get with my cam...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on what to get with my cam...

Just got a INTENSE Stage 1 Naturally Aspirated Cam and a set of Pacesetter Headers. I'm doing the head gaskets and was also going to replace the lifters because of a tick I was having. I was also thinking while I'm at it I will replace the pushrods rollers and springs (if I have the money). What do you recommend?

Re: Need help on what to get with my cam...

No help? Just need to know if I should stick with all stock replacements or go with semi upgrades.

I was thinking stock ratio (1.6?) roller rockers with lighter pushrods and not sure if I need harder springs or not.

And not too sure where to find the stock replacements if I do go that route.

I have a 97 Firebird 3.8 (forgot to mention)

Comment

K still doing research and this is what I have so far.

Some sort of 1.6 Roller Rocker (cant find an actual part anywhere, except for a 3.4, are they the same?)

Oil Restrictive Pushrods from INTENSE Racing

Comp Cams High Energy Hydraulic Lifters from FTTP.NET (Pro Mag or just the regulars?)

JP Performance Single Timing Chain Set from INTENSE Racing

And not sure if I need upgraded springs...

Comment

the intense stage 1 can be used with stock springs/pushrods/retainers etc. I would still change them for piece of mind.

Use stock rockers, no need to change, unless you like burning money

lifters, go compcams OE, not the OE-Rs
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Arent the roller rockers supposed to be better? and my pushrods are kinda beat, could look good with a clean up but, we'll see

Comment

pushrods do not go bad, unless they are bent.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

What is a good solution to soak my used rockers in to get them clean

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells View Post
                pushrods do not go bad, unless they are bent.
                Meatyshells like the 8 out of 12 bent pushrods we pulled from my car, Intense Light weight pushrods after 5 years. Felt like a new car once we got the Comp 105LBS springs and Comp 5/16" pushrods in. Need to talk to you about a DD roller timing chain to go in with a oil PSI kit , rebuilt heads with MLS gaskets and ARP head studs with 130lb springs, Mainely turbo valves , Comp .0105 pushrods, and 65lb injectors to be installed. Maybe install my Ported/ polished lower/ upper intakes with some Comp OEM lifters (my OER are alittle loud). Also a new oil pump and pickup I like to be on the safe side, I have the milled pump cover too. Just some stuff I have been planning to go with the turbo so I can feel safe with a 15 PSI run. I'll be giving you a heads up when I'm ready to go, this can also be a good part list for the OP if he wants to do some heavy mods safely.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  5 days ago
                • ssms5411
                  Little work today
                  by ssms5411
                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                  3 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X