Had a Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a Question

I wrecked my 2000 v6 back in feburary and its been sitting in my garage.

I want to get it out of my garage, and I found a 95 v6 with a blown engine. What are the problems, if any, with swapping out motors from my 2000 V6 3.8 to the 95 which had a 3.4. Transmission and everything going to fit fine? How much work is this going to be? pretty much anything from my 2000 Camaro is going to work (Minus steering Column) so what are the risks in buying this 95 in hopes to get it running and drive away with a new/old camaro?

Re: Had a Question

From what I've come across, the 93-96 had a different rear end, but otherwise I see no issue... basically, you'd be gutting the '00, and putting the innards into the '95...

Seems pretty straight forward to me, other than a lot of freakin' work!

However, as gung ho as I tend to get about this stuff, I'd wait for someone else to chime in before you get knee deep in sh*t creek.

Comment

As long gas they are both 4L60E then it should fit. Same for manual trannys.
      Leonard
      www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
      sigpic

Comment

I would shop around more , the 95' obd 1.5 and obdII had 2 models out the first 3.8 with a auto and the others with 3,4 I believe. I got my 02 A4 tranny for $400 with 9,000 miles on it. So I would look for a newer A4 with less miles if your keeeping your car. While mine was out I had a Transgo shift kit and vette servo installed, you might also look for a stall if your going to beef it up more.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Well I mean the engine, transmission and rear end on mine all are working.

I really just want to get it running then eventually sell it.

Worth it or not you think?

Comment

so the 95 is a 3.4?

i would follow ssms advice and check around for another donor car, one with obdII. its would be alot easier to find a car that is already equipped. like 96 and after, but you would have to use your pcm, and the 96 would be ready for the 3.8
            Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

well he said it was a 3.6... but i didnt know they made a 3.6L v6 in 95....

Comment

they didnt...either a 3.4 or 3.8 in all f-body v-6s
                Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

95 had two engines...

the 3.4L and the 3.8L...

halfway through the production year they changed the engine...

Comment

if it was a 3.8 is that going to make a difference in the ease of swapping engines? I think I may as well forget the idea if its going to be a pain.

Comment

if the donor car is a 3.8, and yours is a 3.8, then you are good to go, simple easy swap. you will use your engine with the other cars intake and computer.
                      Team NoVa

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
                        if the donor car is a 3.8, and yours is a 3.8, then you are good to go, simple easy swap. you will use your engine with the other cars intake and computer.

well said...

My advice would be that if it is indeed a 3.8 to 3.8 swap, do it. Otherwise, you'd have just as much hassle as if you did an LS1 swap. (computer(s), wiring harnesses, engine itself, etc. etc.) So you might as well do an ls1 swap if that's the case! :p

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                          New Owner!
                          by LETZRIDE
                          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                          5 days ago
                        • ssms5411
                          Little work today
                          by ssms5411
                          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                          3 weeks ago
                        • LETZRIDE
                          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X