Dual remote oil filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual remote oil filters

What do you guys think of dual remote oil filters since I'm going with a turbo I can mount the filters away from the ebgine where they get fresh air and the filtering would be outstanding using 2 long filters like PF52 I think they are and add 5.5 qts. of 20/w50 of Royal Purple. the kit is about $60. I think it would be worth it since I will be turboed. Anyone else try it? I knnow IGORA has done it on FTV6, but was wondering if anyone here has. i have the oil PSI kit to raise the Oil PSI to 80 PSI so the turbo is always getting a good flow of oil to it, even though it only uses a .035 restrictor since it is water cooled also, and doesn't need alot of oil going through it. Any thoughts?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Re: Dual remote oil filters

on old vw's they didnt come with filters, just an oil screen, so i put a remote mount fram HP1 on it when i turboed. i also added a remote mount oil cooler since i had the lines leaving the engine. imo one filter should be enough, as long as its a good one. the oil cooler seemed to be a good idea when i did mine.
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Thanks, I'll look into a oil cooler I use either Bosch extended or A/C Delco extended filters, I think a guy was selling a stock one from a LT1 here local, so I will check it out. It can go next to the tranny cooler. But if the oil filter gets in the way then remote filter here I come.
      Last edited by ssms5411; 05-28-2009, 12:48 PM.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

your saying that you want to do one remote filter, in addition to your stock one?

i thought you wanted to do two, in addition to your stock one? fill me in here
        Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          4 days ago
        • ssms5411
          Little work today
          by ssms5411
          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
          2 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X