1.9 rockers and nitrous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.9 rockers and nitrous?

I am planning on installing the Intense Racing yellow terra 1.9 rockers w/ ls6 valvesprings pushrods and valve cover gaskets. I know this setup should probably pick up around 35-40 hp to the wheels but I was wanting to know if this setup would be safe with a wet nitrous kit? The motor has 125k miles and runs good and doesn't take oil. I would also use a window switch and a fuel pressure safety switch to make sure it doesn't back fire. I have always kept the oil changed but I have been pretty hard on the car since I purchased it 4 years ago with 55k miles. These would be the only mods I would do to the car, currently I have slp loudmouth 3'' exhaust and a spec stage 2 clutch. Later on, the most I would do is some richmond 4.10 gears and a pro 5.0 shifter. The most I would plan on spraying is 85-90 hp since I know the 5 speeds we have don't like to handle much more than 300 horsepower. With the rockers/nitrous combo would I need to upgrade the injectors or fuel pump? I know I will probably need a tune after everything is installed. Thanks in advance

Re: 1.9 rockers and nitrous?

35 -40 RWHP.... only in your wet dreams. Maybe at the most 10 RWHP and only after a tune. ZZP has the same rockers for $30 cheaper. Don't for get the LS1 retainers or your suffer coil bind with those springs and 1.9 rockers. Since the valve springs are going to be off put a fresh set of valve seals on it as well $20 from ZZP. I think I would limit the NOS to 75 HP. It would be better to put headers on the car before the rockers and NOS.
    sigpic

Comment

they have been dyno proven right around 20hp several times without a tune but your still not gonna see over 20 with a tune
      2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
      1991 3000GT VR4
      2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

you will benefit a lot more with that set-up if you get headers first.

Comment

Originally posted by vr4gasm View Post
          they have been dyno proven right around 20hp several times without a tune but your still not gonna see over 20 with a tune

Really? I have them and you barely could tell difference. Without changing the shift points the car slowed down at the track with them over the stock rockers.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vr4gasm View Post
            Thats on the L32 and L67 supercharged motors, not the n/a motors.

To the OP, search up the nitrous section. Start here: http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=77576
            sigpic
            1997 Camaro RS A4
            2006 Chevy Colorado
            2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X