Engine rebuild kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine rebuild kits

does anybody know where to find a engine rebuild kit from??? ive looked and called autozone and advanced auto but i cant find any. thanks for any help.

Re: Engine rebuild kits

will this one work with the exception of the upper and lower intake gaskets???

http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...=313&catid=103

Comment

Checker auto parts has a complete Felpro kit for like $150, but I would use the new GM lower intake gaskets since they are ALM. and should hold up better.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

what a coincidence, i need to know where to purchase main bearings from. is there somewhere online i could order them for the crank being cut .020?
        Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

its such a damn hassle tracking down parts for this engine....

Comment

not really, use sponsors of the 3.8 crowd and you will be fine

gvperformance.com
            zzperformance.com
            intense-racing.com
            3800performance.com

etc.
            http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

sorry i ment that no local store(autozone,advanced or napa) carry gasket kits or bearing kits.....stuff like that....

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
                not really, use sponsors of the 3.8 crowd and you will be fine

gvperformance.com
                zzperformance.com
                intense-racing.com
                3800performance.com

etc.
                ZZP and Intense are probably the 2 most I ordered from along with Travis, 97rs4life.

Clev. 77 bearings are well worth the investment, also Comp OER lifters have been great also , after 6 years of abuse still holding up great. Although the OER's I think are alitttle louder than stock lifters. Felpro gasket kits aren't bad just get a GM lower intake set, since it should hold up better.
                Last edited by ssms5411; 04-06-2009, 08:12 PM.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

thanks guys!!! sorry for all the newb questions....

Comment

Originally posted by jrherald420 View Post
                    thanks guys!!! sorry for all the newb questions....

Better questions than a built 750 hp tranny with 260 hp car with made up mods, who knows everything about cars guy, that has a stock car for his homepage. LOL

Comment

dude i know advance auto sells a rebuild kit cause i bought one from them

Comment

lol no im not that far out there.....im only going to ask questions about what im really going to do.....not dreaming about doing someday. im just learining about these engines....now if you want to know about the ford 4.6 sohc and dohc engines i can tell you a little about those.!!! lol but this is a whole new game for me.

Comment

Originally posted by bwkmaro View Post
                          dude i know advance auto sells a rebuild kit cause i bought one from them

i just called them today and the one here in shepherdsville dosent sell any internal parts except the oil pump, timing chain and water pump....this is what they told me today when i called them....autozone told me the same thing....exact words spoke over the phone" nope cant get anything for those engines" .....

Comment

ur guys not looking hard enough i got a friend that works there advance auto parts can get u anything i mean anything just depends on how much the guy wants to work

Comment

Originally posted by jrherald420 View Post
                              lol no im not that far out there.....im only going to ask questions about what im really going to do.....not dreaming about doing someday. im just learining about these engines....now if you want to know about the ford 4.6 sohc and dohc engines i can tell you a little about those.!!! lol but this is a whole new game for me.
                              I know alittle about the Fords the 4.6's and 5.0's, my wifes family are mustang lovers, with older fords 66 fastbacks, 68 mustang, 89' saleen custom built, 95' GT 5.0, 96' T bird 4.6 and a 66' or 67' fastback her brother built from the frame up with a 88 mustang motor built up to about 330 at the wheels. He is also going to get a new GT500 after he decides what state he is going to live, just got married this last year so he has a house here and bought one in OK where his wife is. He travels back and forth for his job. He bought a 02' (I think it was) F350 turbo diesil with a bully dog kit on it with a 5" exhaust. That thing is a monster. Towed his $50,000 boat to OK to put it on the lake up there. Over $1000 in gas from AZ to OK. So it is funny, my side of the family is Chevy and hers is Ford.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X