Engine questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine questions

There was a sticky about being able to put a Grandam GT intake maifold and Heads on a 3.4 Camaro to boost the horsepower. I'm thinking about taking out my engine and rebuilding everything. Is it possible to put those onto a Camaro. He also said somthing about a 2000 Grandam GT but those are 3.8's not 3.4's, and would they just bolt on or will I need to make changes....timing ect. Oh yeah and the Intake manifold is that thing that the air goes into that has the engine size on it and sits on top of the engine correct?...usually grey?

Re: Engine questions

yes, the intake is the piece that sits on top of the engine

IIRC it looks like a Y on the 3.4l engines

Comment

the grand am engines are 3400 not a 3.8, you are thinking of a grand prix
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

before you start something as in depth as the swap, learn some stuff. you gotta start somewhere and basic engine theory, parts, and terminology is mandatory. then try modding your car with headers or cold air, just to get to know your car, then...

if you are really interested in the swap, read, re-read, and then read some more on the thread. everything has been answered for you, all the changes he had to make and everything. then once you think you know what you are doing, read it again. i know its like 30 pages or something, but do it.
        Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X