Red Line RPM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Line RPM?

does anyone know what rpm red line an 02 v6 firebird has?? im looking at changing my rev limiter and just seeing how high i can go. i dont want to cause any damage!
    thanks
    Dave

Re: Red Line RPM?

~5800 RPM
    Stock heads stop making power at ~6200 RPM
    ~6400 RPM is where the stock valvetrain starts to get a bit taxed

Comment

If you want to be safe I wouldn't shift over 6000 rpms, I have mine modded and it shifts at 5900 rpms but on hptuners it will show 6000 rpms sometimes, so I just left it at 5900. I tried 6200 rpms with my VS cam and it didn't like it , started to have valve float. So with the stock cam and internals I wouldn't run it to high wind up snapping a valve off, and messing the engine up for trying to gain only for a few hundred RPMS.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
        If you want to be safe I wouldn't shift over 6000 rpms, I have mine modded and it shifts at 5900 rpms but on hptuners it will show 6000 rpms sometimes, so I just left it at 5900. I tried 6200 rpms with my VS cam and it didn't like it , started to have valve float. So with the stock cam and internals I wouldn't run it to high wind up snapping a valve off, and messing the engine up for trying to gain only for a few hundred RPMS.
        Agreed. Shift at 6000, Limiter set at 6200. With an auto, you don't really ever see the ceiling of the limiter, so it all works out :)

Comment

Originally posted by Inferno View Post
          Agreed. Shift at 6000, Limiter set at 6200. With an auto, you don't really ever see the ceiling of the limiter, so it all works out :)
          What, you've never done doughnuts in snow?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

I've done donuts and have never even come close to redline. I wouldn't want to push it that hard. But then, I'd rather not break stuff.
            2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Originally posted by cubsfanman3 View Post
              does anyone know what rpm red line an 02 v6 firebird has?? im looking at changing my rev limiter and just seeing how high i can go. i dont want to cause any damage!
              thanks
              Dave
              What are you using to change your rev limiter, if it is hptuners, it will tell you right on the program what your current rpm limit is...

Have you built the valvetrain up to handle higher revs?
              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
                What are you using to change your rev limiter, if it is hptuners, it will tell you right on the program what your current rpm limit is...

Have you built the valvetrain up to handle higher revs?
                He's got a hypertech. It tells you "+100 RPM", etc.
                And he's running stock engine/valvetrain.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X