Radiator Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator Removal

Haynes manual says to flush a/c before removing rad, a/c has lines into rad... how do i go about that w/o taking it to a shop(free)? i couldn't take it to a shop even if i wanted to because it is in peices all over my garage... ive Google-ed my *** off this morn trying to find a guide. can i just depress the release with a screwdriver or what? ive heard some sites say its illegal?

Re: Radiator Removal

your car uses r134a, not r12, it is "safe" for the environment.. personally i wouldnt worry about it

but yes, you can just press the release with a screwdriver

a shop aint gonna do it for free, i will tell you that right now, they will probably try and charge you a fortune

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
      your car uses r134a, not r12, it is "safe" for the environment.. personally i wouldnt worry about it

but yes, you can just press the release with a screwdriver

a shop aint gonna do it for free, i will tell you that right now, they will probably try and charge you a fortune
      thanks, i just needed to hear it was ok so back to the garage!

Comment

i slowly took the bolt out of the back of the compressor. When it started to hiss i left for about an hour. Came back and took it right off. Wear goggles just incase. I've heard it can blind you.
        1997 Camaro LS1 RS
        1994 Camaro - Sold
        1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

im a ASE tech. and not supposed to do that but if u do you will still have to take it to a shop to have them refill your ac system back up if u want it to work again.
          1999 Camaro V6 A4<br />Navy Blue metallic<br />Intake+Exhaust+4.10+?=?

Comment

yep, i understand that part. we got it out just now, door open, fan blowin so it as all good, we are draining the power steering right now

Comment

isnt the AC lines going into the condenser? and the trans lines going into the radiator?

Archer
              MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
              http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Comment

Originally posted by Archer View Post
                isnt the AC lines going into the condenser? and the trans lines going into the radiator?

Archer
                yes... wont line going into the condensor makes it hard to take the rad out though. kinda have to bend it
                1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                1994 Camaro - Sold
                1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

I swapped my radiator out without messing with the A/C lines or bleeding them out. Just empty your radiator and removing trans lines if you have them, then disconnect the hoses and pull the radiator out,remove fans, also take off the top cover. Install in reverse.
                  Last edited by ssms5411; 02-28-2009, 04:59 PM.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

w ended up taking the radiator, condenser, and a/c pump out

Comment

Originally posted by a-master View Post
                      w ended up taking the radiator, condenser, and a/c pump out
                      I just saw your other post about pulling the engine, nevermind then. Good luck with it.
                      Last edited by ssms5411; 02-28-2009, 06:39 PM.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Great ..ozone depleting gases in the atmosphere. It's -20 here could have been -25 because of you. Too bad you dumped the charge the condensor just clips into the rad tanks and there is enough play to jig it up and out through the bottom. Just don't tell the shop you dumped the charge, they go ape s#$t around here even with r-134a in the system ....global warming factor crapola and all, but they may hose you for leak testing the system now. good luck

Comment

edit.. nevermind

Comment

Originally posted by jimjones View Post
                            Great ..ozone depleting gases in the atmosphere. It's -20 here could have been -25 because of you. Too bad you dumped the charge the condensor just clips into the rad tanks and there is enough play to jig it up and out through the bottom. Just don't tell the shop you dumped the charge, they go ape s#$t around here even with r-134a in the system ....global warming factor crapola and all, but they may hose you for leak testing the system now. good luck

cry cry cry... idk about ozone

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X