ZZP GT2 cam rpm ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZZP GT2 cam rpm ban

I've looked everywhere I can think of but I cant find the rpm ban for any of the GT series cam from zzperformance. Can anyone help me out it's getting close to time for me to order a cam and I need to know which one would be most effective with my setup.
    Right now Im torn between the gt1 and gt2 help me out some.

Thanks
    Travis.

Re: ZZP GT2 cam rpm ban

Look at intense-racing.com. they give the RPM band for all their cams and if you have questions call 'em and they'll tell you the best one for your mods. They were awesome when I was doing my build. Try them first.

Comment

well people tend to like the gt2 and abbott cam for N/A. If you want the gt1 or gt2 go with the gt2.

Comment

http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...=123&catid=104

The GT1 cam was designed for naturally aspirated applications where emissions and street-ability are important. It will not set SES lights. The GT cam uses steep ramp rates and tight base lobes to keep the computer and the sniffer happy while still providing great performance. This cam does not set the P0300 code and can be installed on a stock 3800 all the way to radical. It was designed for the NA L36 but will also work well with nitrous or intercooled boost. It is the only major L36 grind on the market that does not need a converter or gear changes to see gains.

Look for gains of 20-30 HP depending on your car's current configuration with a drop of 1/2 sec in the 1/4 mile.

so basically the stock rpm band more or less

The GT2 cam was designed for use with totally stock heads. Stock springs, keepers, retainer, lifters and pushrods can be used. Upgraded pushrods are recommended but not needed. RPMs past 6200 will require upgraded springs. Either 90 or 105# springs are recommended for high RPM use.

This cam was designed for naturally aspirated applications where maximizing the performance of stock heads is important. It will set the P0300 code unless programmed out of the PCM. Idle is lumpy, especially with headers. Raised shift points (6500), raised rev limiter (7k), and gears/converter are all recommended.

Look for gains of 25-35 HP depending on your car's current configuration.
        Last edited by LETZRIDE; 02-20-2009, 07:03 PM.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

I have the GT2 cam; you really start to feel it pulling around 3200 or so. I don't have reaised limiters, but, as the site says, it's supposed to make power till 6500 or so.
          ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
          A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Originally posted by RadRacer View Post
            I have the GT2 cam; you really start to feel it pulling around 3200 or so. I don't have reaised limiters, but, as the site says, it's supposed to make power till 6500 or so.
            Damm, I would be scared to go that high of RPM , I know mine likes 5900-6000 at the most and thats with my mods right know, but I do have P/P heads with SI valves and P/P upper/lower intakes that I have for spares incase I need to replace something, also ARP head studss with MLS .060 gaskets, Comp lifters and Comp .105 pushrods. So if it needs rebuilt I'm prepared.LOL Just waiting,LOL Maybe the turbo will spring something loose.LOL Good luck on shifting that high.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I'm very happy with my Intense stage 3 cam! It's loppy as all @#$! especially with the headers and the 3" exhaust! It pulls like a V8 at over 3500 rpm's and will spin up faster with better gears. I have no worries about my motor at those rpm's, it's built for it.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                Damm, I would be scared to go that high of RPM , I know mine likes 5900-6000 at the most and thats with my mods right know, but I do have P/P heads with SI valves and P/P upper/lower intakes that I have for spares incase I need to replace something, also ARP head studss with MLS .060 gaskets, Comp lifters and Comp .105 pushrods. So if it needs rebuilt I'm prepared.LOL Just waiting,LOL Maybe the turbo will spring something loose.LOL Good luck on shifting that high.
                if you upgrade your springs you are fine

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                  if you upgrade your springs you are fine
                  and a good tune.

Comment

I think I'm fine at 6000 rpms and the turbo will like it also, less stress and wear on engine componets shifting at 6000 rpms. Are you guys that are shifting that high adjusting your oil PSI up so your not running lean on oil PSI up top? Thats what I thought of when I saw some other posts that you needed to add a pump kit to increase your oil PSI levels past 6000 RPMS. Is that true?
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Rule of thumb; 10psi per 1k rpms. I'd say the stock oiling system would prove fine untill you're up and past 6500rpm

Comment

Thanks, I knew it was something like that.

Comment

Stock oil pressure at WOT is 50-55 psi and sufficient for daily driving, an oil kit will increase it to a racing safer 80-85. It's highly recommended if you're going to bem doing alot of racing or run it over 6000 rpm's. Yup I got one.

Comment

I'm pushing roughly 90psi.....
                            ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                            A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

With ls6 blue springs which would be better, the intense stage 1 cam or the GT2? No clearance issue's with the higher lift and upgraded springs?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X