what pistons should i get my turbo 3.4lv6 camaro project - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what pistons should i get my turbo 3.4lv6 camaro project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what pistons should i get my turbo 3.4lv6 camaro project

i am going to rebuild my 3.4l v6 camaro motor and i am looking at ftpp.net at parts and one question i have is what pistons would be better to handle a turbo. im not going to do the top end swap.
    the web site has flat top, dish top, and domed top pistons what would be the best?

Re: what pistons should i get my turbo 3.4lv6 camaro project

You generally go to a dish top piston with forced induction to lower the compression ratio; allowing you to run more boost. You need to estimate how much boost you are going to be running to decide what pistons.

Comment

you dont want domed

either flat, or dished depending on the compression ratio you will be running

Comment

ok thanks

Comment

only one option for the 3.4 that I'm aware of...

Ross Racing Pistons makes a forged, dished piston that is a direct fit. I know that ftpp.net carries them, or at least lists them. I've dealt with this site in the past, but he can be frustrating at times as you dont always get confirmation of orders. But he has a great selection of 3.4 items, which almost no one else has.

If you are trying to save money, and aren't running a lot of boost, the Al headed 60 degree v6's had dished pistons from the factory (3100, 3400, etc). They aren't forged, but you could probably get a set cheaper than the Ross ones.
          Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

Originally posted by camaroman1181 View Post
            only one option for the 3.4 that I'm aware of...

Ross Racing Pistons makes a forged, dished piston that is a direct fit. I know that ftpp.net carries them, or at least lists them. I've dealt with this site in the past, but he can be frustrating at times as you dont always get confirmation of orders. But he has a great selection of 3.4 items, which almost no one else has.

If you are trying to save money, and aren't running a lot of boost, the Al headed 60 degree v6's had dished pistons from the factory (3100, 3400, etc). They aren't forged, but you could probably get a set cheaper than the Ross ones.

i have an obligation to point out that ftpp.net has a tendency to sell you something, not ship it out, and then never answer your emails/phone calls.

this has happened to me twice now and to many other members.

Comment

sorry to steal but i have a fast question, does it matter what pistons you use for the 3400 top end swap whether its 3400 or 3100?

Comment

Originally posted by louie138 View Post
                sorry to steal but i have a fast question, does it matter what pistons you use for the 3400 top end swap whether its 3400 or 3100?
                yes, the 3400 engine is a bored out version on the 3.1, you cannot use the same pistons

and that goes with any engine unless the cubic inches are the same, you cant reuse pistons in any application, not even if the engine is stroked but has the same bore.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X