Ideas for engine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for engine...

so i have a couple of ideas for what i can do to get a little more umph in the bird. I saw on some other forum this dude wanted to put a 5.3 vortec in to a
    3.4 camaro...are those bell housings the same?
    could i use a tranny from a computer controlled car if they are?

what about the 3800 series III, they have aluminum heads with bigger valves and roller rockers already, im not sure what the non-sc cars produce power wise, but i would guess it would be more than the series II.
    does anyone know where to find info on possible interchanging parts?
    has anyone looked into this?
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Re: Ideas for engine...

Hmmmm, Im doing something like this except I got a 3800 Series II from a 1998 camaro

for stuff like this im sure its on sites like FTV6 or something lol

5.3L would use its own bell housing though, Im sure of.

Comment

i dont believe the 3.8 has aluminum heads. But anyway if you are interested i will be selling my low mileage 3.8 very soon
      1997 Camaro LS1 RS
      1994 Camaro - Sold
      1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
        so i have a couple of ideas for what i can do to get a little more umph in the bird. I saw on some other forum this dude wanted to put a 5.3 vortec in to a
        3.4 camaro...are those bell housings the same?
        could i use a tranny from a computer controlled car if they are?
        No and no.

I'd advise against swapping in a V8. If you want a V8, buy a car with one in it already otherwise its not really worth the money or effort cuz so many things must be swapped.
        sigpic
        1997 Camaro RS A4
        2006 Chevy Colorado
        2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Rs View Post
          i dont believe the 3.8 has aluminum heads. But anyway if you are interested i will be selling my low mileage 3.8 very soon
          the series 2 has iron heads, but through research i have found that the series 3 has aluminum heads, and roller rockers.

would those heads be able to work with our intake?

No and no.

I'd advise against swapping in a V8. If you want a V8, buy a car with one in it already otherwise its not really worth the money or effort cuz so many things must be swapped.
          im really more interested in the series 3 motor more than the v8 swap...id probably buy a real T/A rather than put the v-8 in it?
          Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

im pretty sure the series 3 does not have aluminum heads and roller rockers

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

^ Ryan your 03' 3.8 Buick Lasabre engine is a 3 series or it might be in 04 they did series 3 but they are still cast iron heads, and they do not have alm. heads, I think it is mainly for the 3.4 guys using 3.5 heads something like that. The only Alm. heads are from ZZP for $2000 for a 3.8 motor.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X