valvespring compressor tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• valvespring compressor tool

Hey guys, quick question...Can I use this valvespring compressor tool to swap out my valve springs with the heads still on? Has anyone used this kind? did you have clearance issues?

Let me know as soon as you can please

Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ADJUS...motiveQ5fTools

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: valvespring compressor tool

yeah that will work fine, it's a little tight on the pass side but it works

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

That is the type you want to use. Before you buy one, it may be more economical to borrow one from your local auto parts store. Most times they loan specalty tools that you may only use once. Also make sure you have a way to compress the cylinder so you don't drop a valve. (I used an air fitting that screws into the spark plug hole and is connected to an air compressor)

Comment

as far as I know we dont have autoparts stores that rent out...but I will take a look...$11 is not that bad anyways...I am using an air fitting, and then putting elastic around the valve to make extra sure it doesnt fall...

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
          as far as I know we dont have autoparts stores that rent out...but I will take a look...$11 is not that bad anyways...I am using an air fitting, and then putting elastic around the valve to make extra sure it doesnt fall...
          they make fittings that screw into the spark plug

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells View Post
            they make fittings that screw into the spark plug
            I know...Im using my buddies...but you never know if the valve has a leak or something happens...better to take the extra precaution and put an elastic band around as well instead of having the down time of taking the head off if the valve drops...

Comment

are you talking about teflon tape?

Comment

I guess you could use that to...anything that helps keep it up incase your air leaks out...

Comment

just put the pison all the way up and let the valve sit on the piston so you can get it loose.

FYI the stock springs are not that hard to get off

now the 150# like have = PITA

get the compesso with the flat handle on the top. pull up and compress the spring then get ready to catch the keepers as you push the spring down
                  www.turbov6camaro.com
                  1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                  4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                  7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                  11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo V6 Camaro View Post
                    just put the pison all the way up and let the valve sit on the piston so you can get it loose.

FYI the stock springs are not that hard to get off

now the 150# like have = PITA

get the compesso with the flat handle on the top. pull up and compress the spring then get ready to catch the keepers as you push the spring down
                    which compressor is that...I thought that we could not get the handle type compressor with the heads still on?

Comment

I'd put new valve seals on while i was changing the spring.You're already there.
                      sigpic

Comment

I got those to...manley valve spring retainers, 105# springs, viton valve seals, hardened pushrods... I wasnt going to go with the pushrods, but the car has 202k (126miles for you americans) and during some of my tuning I was hitting around 6000rpm... since I have some high milage and I am worried that I may have bent them possibly...I picked some up as a precaution...so all new valvetrain minus the rocker arms...

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                          I got those to...manley valve spring retainers, 105# springs, viton valve seals, hardened pushrods... I wasnt going to go with the pushrods, but the car has 202k (126miles for you americans) and during some of my tuning I was hitting around 6000rpm... since I have some high milage and I am worried that I may have bent them possibly...I picked some up as a precaution...so all new valvetrain minus the rocker arms...
                          If the viton seals are after market valve seals they will not work with out machine work to the valve guide. Make sure the parts store keeps the stock ones in stock if your doing this in a hurry.
                          sigpic

Comment

Uh oh...it's these... http://intense-racing.com/Merchant2/...egory_Code=HCV

I just read the note at the bottom also says " If these seals are used with our 1x Cam and stock heads then milled valvespring retainers should be used to ensure acceptable clearance."...I have stock heads...but not there 1x cam...I have the abbott racing N/A cam.... am I going to have an issue?

Comment

I would call or e mail Intense and ask them if they will work with stock heads and the stock OD valve guide. I would ask at what valve lift you need the milled retainers as well. Most viton seals are for .500 or .530 OD valve guides. Most stock OD valve guides are larger than that.
                              sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X