Just out of curiosity...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just out of curiosity...

I know this has been asked before, but I can't find the thread of it.

Since the 3.4L intake is a joke, is the older 2.8L/3.1L manifold any better? Seems to me it should bolt to the lower intake just fine. Wonder if there is a height/clearance issue....

Just thinking out loud as there is a 2.8L intake on Ebay for $14.

Waste of time and effort??
    1995 Camaro 3.4L A4<br />Check out my other ride. <a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/820732\" target=\"_blank\">www.sounddomain.com/ride/820732</a>

Re: Just out of curiosity...

im no 3.4 expert but id imagine that if this did work, youd have to exchange the lower manifold also

Comment

no, you want to get your hands on the newer 3x00 engine parts for improved designs
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

apparently the 3rd gen intakes are NOT an upgrade over the stock pieces. Either do what i did and hog out the upper and lower intake or get your sights set on the 3x00 intakes like Travis is talking about, but that gets a little more complicated.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          3 days ago
        • ssms5411
          Little work today
          by ssms5411
          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
          2 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X