I want to build up my 3.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to build up my 3.4

ok so i have an extra 3.4 in my room that i picked up for free. i want to build that up and then swap it into my car. how should i go about doing this?

Re: I want to build up my 3.4

first, we need goals, and budget, as well as supporting bolt on mods already owned
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
      first, we need goals, and budget, as well as supporting bolt on mods already owned
      well i would love to see my car in the 300-350 hp range if that can even happen. i dont really have a budget this would be like a buy a few parts every now and then thing. and i have headers and a CAI

Comment

Originally posted by 95firebird3.4 View Post
        well i would love to see my car in the 300-350 hp range if that can even happen. i dont really have a budget this would be like a buy a few parts every now and then thing. and i have headers and a CAI
        you are going to need FI or nitrous for that kind of power. Building a motor is not going to net you that much.
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

yah i figured that i think i would want to go the turbo route

Comment

Keep in mind, fur tuning the 3.4, you're going to have to use MegaSquirt or F.A.S.T. Without learning how to use one of those, it's completely pointless to build it up; it could be a very nice build, but without tuning will run like crap!
            ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
            A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

I have for sale a turbo kit that came off my 3.4. The car ran a 13.43 in the 1/4. You would still need to fab up some piping and run oil to and from the turbo. The FMU in the kit adds fuel under boost. This set up was on a stock engine.

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4grapeofwrath View Post
                I have for sale a turbo kit that came off my 3.4. The car ran a 13.43 in the 1/4. You would still need to fab up some piping and run oil to and from the turbo. The FMU in the kit adds fuel under boost. This set up was on a stock engine.
                whats a FMU? and how much u asking for it?

Comment

A FMU is a fuel management unit. It's installed in the fuel return line and under boost it will prevent fuel from returning to the fuel tank. The extra fuel pressure is sent to the injectors. I'm asking $500 for the kit it also comes with bigger fuel injectors. Check it out under search type in v6 turbo kit incomplete.
                  Last edited by 3.4grapeofwrath; 09-17-2008, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                    New Owner!
                    by LETZRIDE
                    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                    5 days ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Little work today
                    by ssms5411
                    Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                    3 weeks ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                    by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                    Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                    By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                    Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                    02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X