New Cam vid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cam vid

Nothing special just a quick vid of the cam with the cutout open.

i made this vid as close to the the previous vid without the cam so u can see and hear the differance. I need to redo my exhaust now, a catback at the very least.

Enjoy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J_uf9hyv_Y
    1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
    Comp Cam 260h w/ 1.6 rockers, J&M STB, UMI 3pt SFC's, Spohn RCA's + Adj. PHR, KYB AGX Shocks, PS Headers, Cutout, Posi Rear w/3.42's, Aluminum DS, Wings West Body Kit, SS Hood/Spoiler, 17" TT2's 9.5/11" 275/315's, 5% tint
    sigpic

Re: New Cam vid

sounds good:tup:

-Y87
    Lid,K&N Filter,PaceSetter Headers,Magnaflow Cat 2.5in S-pipe,Flomaster :(,3.42 LSD

Comment

dude, ur lucky someone didnt swipe that cam laying on the ground like that, lol

Sounds good actually. suprised because its a V6 and sounds like a V8.

Did ya feel any difference in power?
      MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
      http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Comment

thanks guys

My my neighborhood is pretty good, Its funny u say that though because as i put it down i thought about the guy from "gangs of new york", when he put his time piece in the middle of town on the pole, haha

yea at idle i love it (sounds better in person IMO) Its when i get on it that im starting to hate it. Im gona put a borla catback on it or true duals, but everytime i bring the true duals idea up to my mechanic he looks like hes gona hit me. They cost the same just about and if the H-pipe in the true duals can get rid of even the smallest amount of rasp at higher rpms like slowz's 3.8 then ill be on cloud nine

I got a nice boost in power. The car pulls longer through the rpms.
        1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
        Comp Cam 260h w/ 1.6 rockers, J&M STB, UMI 3pt SFC's, Spohn RCA's + Adj. PHR, KYB AGX Shocks, PS Headers, Cutout, Posi Rear w/3.42's, Aluminum DS, Wings West Body Kit, SS Hood/Spoiler, 17" TT2's 9.5/11" 275/315's, 5% tint
        sigpic

Comment

rumbler/loudmouth is plenty flow and pretty loud, even more so with a cam.

rasp isnt that bad on the 3.4 VS the 3.8

my car with the rumbler, and the bullet replaced with a sweet thunder, it sounds GREAT under 3 grand. no one that hears it belives its a v6. every time i go to the track i have people asking if its a v8.

true duals arnt worth the hassle,trust me.

edit: car sounds good though. what are the specs on the cam? idle it lopes pretty nice.
          1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

can u get me a sound clip of yours please? Im assuming u have a 3.4...louder than a cutout or atleast close to it?

High Energy 260H (16-233-4)
            212/212 .440"/.440" 110°
            but with 1.6 rockers so the lift is just under .470"/.470"

oh and what times do u run at the track?
            Last edited by usp55; 09-07-2008, 06:37 PM.
            1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
            sigpic

Comment

i have a 3.8 and no way of getting a soundclip, if i could it'd have been up here a long time ago.

only been to the track 3 times,cars run a best of a 15.6 but i spin threw first and the rear slides out shifting into 2cd. my best 60' is a 2.28, i cant launch without bogging or spinning completely threw first.

id say the car is as loud as a stock exhuast with a cut out before the muffler, probally louder. it has a very nice tone to it below 3grand. above that its loud as hell, but doesnt sound too great.

edit: my digital camera has a mic on it, so i guess i can use that if you want me to. i just dont know how well the camera's gonna take the volume, its loud.
              you hear my car idling from 30 feet away easy. i hear it idling on the other side of my house,inside.
              Last edited by loser; 09-07-2008, 06:53 PM.
              1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

yea take it thats how i did mine. Obviously its not as good as in person but still give us an idea. put it like 5-10 feet away and let her rip
                1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
                sigpic

Comment

ill give it a shot, it'll be up by tonight.

Comment

here you go http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...620#post883620

Comment

both of you sound awesome @ idle i hate v6 rasp though it kills it =\
                      2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                      1991 3000GT VR4
                      2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

i dont think mine would be too bad with a cam. my only mods are the exhuast and a lid.

under 3000 sounds good, driving down the road sounds better than free-rev's, theres no load on the motor.

i shift at 2000 so my car sounds great driving around town IMO. its loud, but it has a nice tone to it. its a v6, bottom line is your never going to get rid of the rasp completly.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                          New Owner!
                          by LETZRIDE
                          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                          3 days ago
                        • ssms5411
                          Little work today
                          by ssms5411
                          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                          2 weeks ago
                        • LETZRIDE
                          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X