FPR and Fuel rail Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPR and Fuel rail Question

I am looking to change my FPR. Looking at the rail, I dont see how I can remove and add an adjustable type. Can anyone give me insight in changing with an OEM or a adjustable? I am looking at the oem replacement and I am scratching my head here.
    FYI, all of a sudden one day I start running lean as crap and its really bad throwing lean codes for both banks, there are times I cant rev past 4k rpms, and it feels like a misfire its starving for fuel so bad. I am wondering what everyone does for better fuel flow Is there an upgrade fuel rail I can use or do I need to change the oem in order to run an adjustable FPR?

My current setup is a Walbro 255, new filter, 36# injectors to handle the demands of alcohol,newer plugs and wires and the current FPR has 141,000 miles on it. I bet my 1/8th mile time is slower than a stock 1/4 mile time... Arrgh!

Any thoughts or suggestions are very welcome.

-Tim

Re: FPR and Fuel rail Question

what kind of tune are you running?

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells View Post
      what kind of tune are you running?
      x2

You will have to remove the fuel rail to swap the FPR, its not hard. If I remember right, ts just a snap ring that holds it in place.
      sigpic
      1997 Camaro RS A4
      2006 Chevy Colorado
      2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

stock FPR is held in with a snap ring and you will need to move the coils out of the way or take the fuel rail off for easiest install.

If you are looking at adj. FPR then check out andrews sticky in the forced induction section about adding one inline. I went with the same Adj. FPR as andrew for my build
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

I am running a HP Tuners tune for N/A. I had a friend do it. Its not a perfect tune, but it worked well until the FPR gave out. The rail removal will be easy as I was the one that changed the injectors out. Alcohol requires a higher flow demand than gas, and I think the stock FPR just wore out, partially due to high mileage. Thank for the input.

Comment

Ok, I read the sticky and I think that is what I will do. But, how do I bypass the original FPR? Since that is where my problem is.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X