time to play the guessing game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time to play the guessing game

well it will come apart no matter what so here is your chance to be a tech. Flex plate looked bent while running yet when manually turned over no visable signs of damage. the flexplate while bolted the the torque converter and crank can move back and forth about a quarter inch all the while the harmonic balancer does not move. The car starts runs and drives fine with no mis fires but alot of noise also the cause of all this was a grounded alternator wire that engaged the starter while driving momentarily. so to sum up it seems like i have 1/4 of crankshaft endplay all the while that the harmonic balancer does not move and when the flex plate is unbolted from the torque converter it stays where it should does not fall or act elongated or oblong

Re: time to play the guessing game

sounds like the ring gear is F'd to me...

Comment

car starts fine and i drove it up the ramps onto the trailer too

Comment

so the balancer doesnt move when you pull on it or when you push/pull on the flywheel?

Comment

nope and just pulled the trans and the flex plate is fine the crank is walking back and forth we are going to drop the oil pan here soon

Comment

well drum roll please.... it has a broken crank shaft right in two. seperating cylinders 5 and six from the rest. amazingly no issues running or driving kinda perplexing but the crank you can see completely seperated from the other half when the pan was dropped.

Comment

56k mi on motor btw

Comment

thought i would photo the damage for all to see
                Attached Files

Comment

3.8 bottom ends SUCK...theres a broken crank thread every month LOL

Comment

yea it is crappy but i think i am going to sell almost all my upgrades and go v8 with twins

Comment

as much as the V6 part of me says NOOOOOOO that bolt on/cam 350 in my garage say F*** YEA!!!!!...bst mod EVER

Comment

pretty much the 6.0 does well but i hear the 5.3 handles like 19lbs stock and i will not be leaving it stock so i am leaning 5.3 i was going to go 8.1 but there is nothing out there for them much similar the the 3.8 and i hated that

Comment

theres jack **** for a 8.1...drop an LS2 in there with a stroker crank and 5.3 heads...you now have a sick *** 427 LS smallblock

Comment

yea that would be nice but i think i will go 5.3 with forged pistons and rods good studs and what not a sick set of heads like indy and two gt4077r turbos

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X