cammed 3.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cammed 3.4

i want to plan ahead here for the winter, i'm gonna actually have my baby in a garage and not stored out on the back patio.

i was thinkin bout tossing a cam into my 3.4 as well as new springs,locks,retainers,double roller timing chain, probably a water pump, and replace all the gaskets and such along the way.

i found a kit from summit that has just about everything i need.

it's got the cam, lifters, springs, locks, retainers, valve seals and even the timing chain and more.

here, check it out for yourself.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...4&autoview=sku

that doesn't seem like a bad price for all that it comes with.

I've already taken my 3.4 top end apart and installed 1.6 roller rockers and hardened pushrods so i've been around the block with this engine before.

the only thing new to me will be taking off the accessory brackets and obviously the timing chain and cam and all that fun stuff.

how does this kit look? I really think i'm gonna go for it.

if your familiar with Funkz's build up, this is basically what i'm going for, except of course the only difference being rocker arms, in which case mine are rollers and his are stamped.

any thoughts on my build up here?

also, i know the camshaft needs to have the cam lobe to be compatible with SFI engines, is this one gonna be ok?

Re: cammed 3.4

nvm, apparently this cam sucks.

i need the 260H one from comp but i'm not sure if it comes in a kit like this.

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident View Post
      nvm, apparently this cam sucks.

i need the 260H one from comp but i'm not sure if it comes in a kit like this.
      yes, that comes in a kit... or at least it used to. I have the kit sitting on the floor of my garage. Course, its been sitting there for the past 3 years, due to lack of funds and no idea which way i want to take this engine.. now i'm leaning towards the 3500 hybrid, which i would get a custom grind for anyways...

why are you looking for the whole kit for? you already have rockers and pushrods, so you only really need the cam, lifters, and springs, plus all the gaskets to make it work...
      Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

Originally posted by camaroman1181 View Post
        yes, that comes in a kit... or at least it used to. I have the kit sitting on the floor of my garage. Course, its been sitting there for the past 3 years, due to lack of funds and no idea which way i want to take this engine.. now i'm leaning towards the 3500 hybrid, which i would get a custom grind for anyways...

why are you looking for the whole kit for? you already have rockers and pushrods, so you only really need the cam, lifters, and springs, plus all the gaskets to make it work...
        because the kit doesn't come with rockers and pushrods ;)

which is why it's perfect.

i found the kit with that cam for about 400$, not bad imo.

then i can buy a water pump for like 50 bucks, the gaskets for like 40 and be good to go.

i may even put on a fuel pressure regualator while i'm at it.

Comment

you need bigger injectors...if you put that cam in with the stock 16lb/hr injectors your going to run dangerously lean

Comment

Originally posted by nightrider2 View Post
            you need bigger injectors...if you put that cam in with the stock 16lb/hr injectors your going to run dangerously lean
            i think stock is 17lb injectors.

Funkz has this exact same setup and he is running stock injectors.

plus i can always advance timing a tad and run a bit richer =)
            Last edited by tkoforpresident; 08-13-2008, 03:13 PM.

Comment

i think stock is 17lb injectors.

Funkz has this exact same setup and he is running stock injectors.

plus i can always advance timing a tad and run a bit richer =)
              how in the world does advancing the timing make you run richer
              all thats gonna do is make the lean condition worse by raising cylinder pressure and creating more heat if it doesnt just misfire like crazy

Comment

Originally posted by auto666 View Post
                how in the world does advancing the timing make you run richer
                all thats gonna do is make the lean condition worse by raising cylinder pressure and creating more heat if it doesnt just misfire like crazy

i was semi kidding on that one, but either way i shouldn't run DANGEROUSLY lean with stock injectors.

Comment

i was semi kidding on that one, but either way i shouldn't run DANGEROUSLY lean with stock injectors.
                  lol your such a kidder
                  Last edited by auto666; 08-13-2008, 03:39 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by auto666 View Post
                    lol your such a kidder
                    hahahah thats me.

anyhow, back to the cam...

Comment

Are you serious? lol.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

whats wrong blizz?

Comment

Nothing, absolutely nothing. But.... are you sure? You may want to reconsider. Maybe save some money? Whatever. Either way, make sure absolutely all of your other problems are solved before you tackle this.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
                            Nothing, absolutely nothing. But.... are you sure? You may want to reconsider. Maybe save some money? Whatever. Either way, make sure absolutely all of your other problems are solved before you tackle this.
                            no i hear ya.

i really can do this, it's not out of my range.

if your referring to the problem with my pulley and alt. and all that crap, the stocker is going back on in a few days. besides that i have no other gripes with the performance of my engine.

btw good news, ftpp.net has got the cam kit i want for under 300$

however ftpp.net sucks and sometimes their products don't show up to your door at all.....

Comment

I second that ftpp.net product can take forever to show up, waited for ever for my stage 8 locking header bolts to the point where i ended up not using them and they should up a week after installed the headers. They still sit in my desk

on the other note i will be ordering a comps cam and valvetrain package from them as they have the best selection/packages. the summit one does not come with rockers/push rods

I putting the comps cam 260h and comps valvetrain package with the 1.6 rockers/hardend pushrods

I plan to put the car into the shop on the 1st of the sep. Im ordering the internals tomorrow night (payday) and they better get here by the 1st
                              1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
                              Comp Cam 260h w/ 1.6 rockers, J&M STB, UMI 3pt SFC's, Spohn RCA's + Adj. PHR, KYB AGX Shocks, PS Headers, Cutout, Posi Rear w/3.42's, Aluminum DS, Wings West Body Kit, SS Hood/Spoiler, 17" TT2's 9.5/11" 275/315's, 5% tint
                              sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X