X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3800 SII Powered '71 Corolla

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
    Isn't this fun! LOL Some bolt-on!
    If I wanted something easy I would have picked another 4 cylinder to put in the car.

I'd be worried if I didn't run into complications!

Comment

Was taking a closer look at the TB today (got my old ported L67 unit back from a friend) and I found an easy solution to the PCV issue.

Take a look at the pics, it would be extremely simple to route the PCV inlet from one side of the TB to the other, most of the work is already done!

Camaro PCV inlet right, GP PCV inlet left

Just drill a few strategic holes, and then block off the coolant outlets on the UIM since we are using the old coolant passage as an air passage. Then all we have to do is take care of the top bolt issue. Take a throttle cable from a Grand Prix and you will have sufficient extra length to come around the front of the TB.

Comment

Wanted to give this thread a quick bump with the video. Got it moving under its own power the other day and hopefully get some real road time tomorrow. Check the link at the beginning of the thread for the full update :banana:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLgHguU2rSQ

Comment

I was wondering what happened to this thread! Sounds good, what exhaust is that?

Comment

Originally posted by zpwn06 View Post
            I was wondering what happened to this thread! Sounds good, what exhaust is that?
            No exhaust! Just open manifolds. My steering rack goes where the Y-pipe usually crosses over so I'm going to need to come up with my own exhaust.

I have some tubular manifolds that will be going on on my next day off.

Comment

Just thought I'd bump the thread now that the car is (has) been on the road.

I've got probably about 600 miles on the build so far, been driving it pretty much every day to and from work and even a trip from Orlando to Palm Beach and back.

I haven't had any issues with any of my customizations or fabrication despite beating on the car quite a bit ... this is a good sign :banana:

Just looking for some taller gears, I was spinning 3000rpm in 5th cruising down the highway at about 65mph. :eek:

Comment

Saw this thread at SA.. surprised I missed it here. Thing sounds and looks awesome :)
                97 Camaro 30th Anniversary, Flowmasters, T-Top Conversion

Comment

Very Impress!!!

Good Job.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

very slick. i was/still am contemplating an l67 swap in a mustang 2
                    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                    94 comero 3.4

Comment

That thing sounds badass for just open shorties (which is probably really bad so don't do it for too long).

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzKill View Post
                        Just thought I'd bump the thread now that the car is (has) been on the road.

I've got probably about 600 miles on the build so far, been driving it pretty much every day to and from work and even a trip from Orlando to Palm Beach and back.

I haven't had any issues with any of my customizations or fabrication despite beating on the car quite a bit ... this is a good sign :banana:

Just looking for some taller gears, I was spinning 3000rpm in 5th cruising down the highway at about 65mph. :eek:

That is a really cool project. I am looking forward to the next update...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X